What did you and your MK2 do today?

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Fitted LED number plate bulbs. The clips that hold the whole socket in are turd, so brittle they snapped and resulted in me having to no more nails them back on. Waiting for it to go dark, they better look good haha.

robthebubble

LED & Headlight Master
Feb 22, 2011
Solihull, West Midlands
Added a cover...just need to give it a clean!

c48dc8d5744dc054cc6b086586107f71_zps852253c7.jpg

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Fitted LED number plate bulbs. The clips that hold the whole socket in are turd, so brittle they snapped and resulted in me having to no more nails them back on. Waiting for it to go dark, they better look good haha.

The LEDs got lucky, look smart :rofl:

Clossie

Jun 9, 2014
Today I got the cruise control fixed. Just the dashboard damage and I'll be done on my checklist since purchasing a month ago.

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
Today I tried to wrap my rear boot badge in matte black vinyl....it's ridiculously hard to get it smooth without folds or creases round the edges

This is what it looked like...
era5e8yb.jpg

ja2uze2u.jpg

Ended up ripping it off again though because I wasn't happy with the finish of it :(
Ahwel I tried.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
It was going well until I got to the corners...couldn't get the vinyl to sit right :-/ probably easier if you remove the whole badge but was too much like hard work

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
I'm a perfectionist and I don't think its too bad to be honest. Looks good in the photo. Give it another go, practice makes perfect

Jul 1, 2014
Nottingham
I'm a perfectionist and I don't think its too bad to be honest. Looks good in the photo. Give it another go, practice makes perfect

That's the problem, I'm abit of a perfectionist too but I suppose it wasn't too bad for a first attempt at wrapping anything. Cheers though :thumbup:

Think I might take the time to take the badge/handle out completely.

Has anyone ever done this and got any tips? Don't wanna snap any clips!

STU3Y

Nov 11, 2013
Kent
That's the problem, I'm abit of a perfectionist too but I suppose it wasn't too bad for a first attempt at wrapping anything. Cheers though :thumbup:

Think I might take the time to take the badge/handle out completely.

Has anyone ever done this and got any tips? Don't wanna snap any clips!

Not done it myself but if you search for the reversing camera in the badge thread, I think it had details how to remove it in there.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.