What did you and your MK2 do today?

Dan FR

Meth addict. Stage 2+ Yo!
Nov 14, 2013
Caerdydd
With mods, you can also try Grenlight, Sky, Chris Knott, Prestige

Get quotes, then ring Flux back to cancel on the basis that you have found a cheaper quote from one of the above.... See what they say.

I went with Sky after playing them off against Flux, who wouldn't go any lower..... Couldn't go with Greenlight as one of my named drivers had less than 3 years driving experience at the time, so they wouldn't insure me, and Chris Knott would only insure my postcode if i had a driveway or off road parking, which i don't

Rob_Talisman

MKII CR FR 170 FL Stage 2
Sep 2, 2013
North East
cheers Dan will do.

done the meerkat scouting which was ammusing, came up with two quotes, one at £2500 and the second at £36000....

i had to double check id put in the right detials... and i had...

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
New rear passenger door module fitted. Pretty straightforward, just a massive pain to remove everything.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
New rear passenger door module fitted. Pretty straightforward, just a massive pain to remove everything.

Nice one. Ive not had the pleasure of removing door cards but it seems a four hand job from what I read!

So I finally got round to trying the stubby ariel Craig kindly gave me.
Got fairly rubbish reception anyway so wasnt holding my breath.

The standard ariel unscrewed and pulled out the retaining on the first attempt.
Fitted the stubby and the radio reception was the same.
Removed the stubby leaving it totally ariel-less and the reception was the same!!
Put the standard back in, reception the same.

Guess what, now I cannot remove the standard ariel no matter what I try!!
confused lol.

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
Funny you mention stubby ariel.
I have literally just fitted mine 10 mins ago. 5 min job to do, unscrewed it and pulled it out. Screwed the stubby in. Reception is just as good as standard but looks a lot better for £3!
So fitted some Samsung LED sidelight bulbs.

richicupra

Jan 29, 2012
Nice one. Ive not had the pleasure of removing door cards but it seems a four hand job from what I read!

Had my mate with me so it wasn't too bad, the two bolts that hold the module in are a spline type though (thought it was all torx) so had to borrow the right tool from another mate.

locky

May 5, 2014
North East
Funny you mention stubby ariel.
I have literally just fitted mine 10 mins ago. 5 min job to do, unscrewed it and pulled it out. Screwed the stubby in. Reception is just as good as standard but looks a lot better for £3!
So fitted some Samsung LED sidelight bulbs.

I think I need to investigate behind the Kenny headunit and then under the roof lining - there has to be a dodgy connection as I cant accept the reception is as good as it gets. Which one did you go for? Mine has a carbon insert, I sent back the first one coz it was all cracked, but Kebabwarrior passed me his old one to try out when he got a different one.

G4reth

FR PD170
Dec 4, 2011
Middlesbrough
I think I need to investigate behind the Kenny headunit and then under the roof lining - there has to be a dodgy connection as I cant accept the reception is as good as it gets. Which one did you go for? Mine has a carbon insert, I sent back the first one coz it was all cracked, but Kebabwarrior passed me his old one to try out when he got a different one.

Check the 'stubby ariel' thread in this section. Someone posted a link from eBay.

Shawn-C-87

Dec 14, 2013
Edinburgh
Got my car back from the body shop today, damage to the bumper and wing has been fixed perfectly. However when I got home I realised that all my alloys are now Matt black with run marks on them??? Phoned up and they confirmed that they cleaned my car so I have to take the car back in for them to have a look at on Monday...... Nightmare!!

KebabWarrior81

Nov 4, 2013
Sandbach,Cheshire

Must be something wrong there then mate if it was a bad signal with the stock one and the stubby.

Didn't have any issues with mine and would say the one I gave you was as good a signal as the original :think:

Only time it would go bad was at work going near the runway but again it did that with the original and still does it with what I have fitted now..

Daniel M

Blackbelts & Chickenheads
Apr 18, 2013
Middlesbrough
Spent the last hour and a half trying to sort a fuel leak on the fuel filter housing.

Was supposed to be driving to London for the play-off final tomorrow.

Car won't be going anywhere...

Danny.Parkes

Feb 22, 2015
South Yorkshire, Barnsley
503d7a13f9fce5504a7aea23ed6dc32f.jpg

New fogs and sidelights
For night time meets ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members