what did you and your mk3 leon do today

przebiegly

Sep 4, 2021
Poland
I went further than just replacing the reversing bulb from a regular w16w to a LED one.

I bought a lamp from the UK with a red fog light module (in my case, a European left-hand drive car and reverse is on the right) and soldered white diodes instead of red ones :)

now it is finally full led and looks like it was OEM :D

Attachments

• led module.jpeg
    led module.jpeg
    95.1 KB · Views: 139
  • white led - reverse.jpg
    white led - reverse.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 127
  • leon rear.jpg
    leon rear.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 145

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I went further than just replacing the reversing bulb from a regular w16w to a LED one.

I bought a lamp from the UK with a red fog light module (in my case, a European left-hand drive car and reverse is on the right) and soldered white diodes instead of red ones :)

now it is finally full led and looks like it was OEM :D
Does this mean that you don't have a rear red fog light? :)

przebiegly

Sep 4, 2021
Poland
Does this mean that you don't have a rear red fog light? :)
I have. My fog light is originally on the left side and the reversing light is on the right side. I changed the lamp on the right side from the EU version to the UK so that it was with the LED fog module and it was in it that I changed the LEDs from red to white.
the fog stays where it was and works as it should 😁

Reactions: Rob66 and Walone

Walone

Feb 10, 2016
Near Heathrow
I have. My fog light is originally on the left side and the reversing light is on the right side. I changed the lamp on the right side from the EU version to the UK so that it was with the LED fog module and it was in it that I changed the LEDs from red to white.
the fog stays where it was and works as it should 😁
That's excellent, I might have to do that on my RHD car, thank you! :)

Don1961

Apr 11, 2019
Finally, hopefully, sorted out a 'knocking' noise from the back end....

I had the rear shocks replaced in September, as they had been 'weeping' most of the time I've had the car, and they'd finally given up. That seemed to sort it but then it came back.

Local VAG garage (not a dealer) had a good check of everything again and said it appeared to be only at low speeds going over bumps/pot holes etc and it appeared to be the boot lid and I should try lubricating the hinges/struts. Or they could spend a couple of hours doing it.

So, after lubricating and checking all the boot lid trim was secure, I drove to Milton Keynes and it appears to have sorted it. Wish I'd thought of it sooner, it was soooo annoying.

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
Very nice. Have you thought about upgrading the intake hoses too?
Thanks! I got the intake hose in the mail today, so I'll install that one as well. The chargepipe itself... not sure. There's no version without a blowoff valve, as far as I know, and I find those sound a bit too ricer :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: H Rafiq

Chillout

Jan 23, 2020
It's noticeable, but not too loud. I'll make a recording as soon as the turbo inlet and silicone tube are connected too.

andy2max

Feb 16, 2023

andy2max

Feb 16, 2023
Can I ask who you used for your Remap, and how have you found it. I’ve just recently got my Cupra 300 and wonder how it is in the dry and Warm as struggling in standard power for traction
The dealer put some Falken Azenzis FK520’s on before I picked it up. Found them decent tyres in the past but maybe not upto a car with more power

H Rafiq

Jan 5, 2022
The dealer put some Falken Azenzis FK520’s on before I picked it up. Found them decent tyres in the past but maybe not upto a car with more power
Not sure how good they are. I’ve got PS4s on mine at the moment. They got rid of a lot of the wheel hop. Plus, you have to know how hard/when to push the throttle. Took me a while! 😂

Reactions: Seastormer