what did you and your mk3 leon do today

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Still on the hunt for cause of my poor mpg.

Swapped out the Map sensor for a new one and plan to change the upstream o2 sensor, see if it makes any difference.

Probably not but worth a go as I have no other idea why it’s so bad
Sorry If I have missed it but have you run a scan on the car to see if its telling you about any issues.

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Sorry If I have missed it but have you run a scan on the car to see if its telling you about any issues.
Yeah scanned with OBD11 no faults to indicate any issues. And because of this Seat won’t investigate or look any further into this. So let with me to see if I can figure the cause once and for all.

At this point feel like I’m just throwing money at it, by changing the sensors. Hoping they’re going bad and not throwing a code.

Brakes don’t seem to sticking judging purely of wheel temp after a drive.

Although have noticed a squeeling like nose when accelerating - Unsure if this is coming from the brakes or elsewhere on the car…Currently looking into this

fuel consumption been a long term issue since ive had the car never been impressed - averaging 30mpg even on long runs best I’ll usually get is 35 if I’m lucky.
Saw 40mpg once or twice.

Have spoke to people in Cupras getting the same if not better long term MPG. And those in the same car with the same engine averaging 45+ easily.

I have no idea why it’s happening but it’s genuinely made me dislike the car, wish I just got rid of it shortly after I bought it.

Honestly think ive just a lemon.

Have noticed the car seems to vibrate a bit more as of late at idle, however I don’t know if it’s just me looking for an issue that’s not there and be overly sensitive.

But don’t want to derail this thread with my mpg woes.

Only other thing I can think of having a look at is the Throttle Body and see if it’s caked in dirt.

I think the in the new year going to see if I can just leave it at Seat for a week and ask them to drive it and see what they experience. As definitely something needs looking into beyond just if theres any fault codes

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Drove it to a BMW dealership and purchased a 128ti. Now need to strip out the MIB2 unit before I Cazoo the car. 6 years, but time to go petrol. My commute is too small these days and the diesel just isn't getting warm.

Been a great car and will miss aspects of it, but looking forward to new instead of nearly 10 years old.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

nelly201

Oct 7, 2023
After several weekends of either rain or decorating I’ve finally had the chance to clean the car 🧽 I doubt it’ll stay like this for long 😀
IMG_0591.jpeg
IMG_0592.jpeg

MA1601

Jan 3, 2023
2016 1.4 ecotsi

Changed spark plugs (took longer than expected due to needing a deeper socket) and did an oil and air filter change.

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Sold it, well hope I have. Used motorway so just need them to collect. Oh and I need to clean it and remove the stereo, pedal covers and foot rest

csd_19

May 11, 2005
Angus / Edinburgh
Yeah scanned with OBD11 no faults to indicate any issues. And because of this Seat won’t investigate or look any further into this. So let with me to see if I can figure the cause once and for all.

At this point feel like I’m just throwing money at it, by changing the sensors. Hoping they’re going bad and not throwing a code.

Brakes don’t seem to sticking judging purely of wheel temp after a drive.

Although have noticed a squeeling like nose when accelerating - Unsure if this is coming from the brakes or elsewhere on the car…Currently looking into this

fuel consumption been a long term issue since ive had the car never been impressed - averaging 30mpg even on long runs best I’ll usually get is 35 if I’m lucky.
Saw 40mpg once or twice.

Have spoke to people in Cupras getting the same if not better long term MPG. And those in the same car with the same engine averaging 45+ easily.

I have no idea why it’s happening but it’s genuinely made me dislike the car, wish I just got rid of it shortly after I bought it.

Honestly think ive just a lemon.

Have noticed the car seems to vibrate a bit more as of late at idle, however I don’t know if it’s just me looking for an issue that’s not there and be overly sensitive.

But don’t want to derail this thread with my mpg woes.

Only other thing I can think of having a look at is the Throttle Body and see if it’s caked in dirt.

I think the in the new year going to see if I can just leave it at Seat for a week and ask them to drive it and see what they experience. As definitely something needs looking into beyond just if theres any fault codes

Squeal under acceleration sounds like a loose boost hose or connection in the boost pipework somewhere, possibly not enough to throw a code.

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Squeal under acceleration sounds like a loose boost hose or connection in the boost pipework somewhere, possibly not enough to throw a code.
Thanks I have the seat extended warranty

Will book it in for the new year and see if can get it resolved.

On another note
Fitted new oxygen sensor now.
Still no closer to bad fuel consumption issue sadly

Reactions: csd_19

serdar_18fr

May 29, 2021
Replaced original rubber valve stems with black metal ones.
And plastic caps with bright silver metal ones from genuine SEAT Accessories, they are quite nice.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    437 KB · Views: 64
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 63

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
LFOTPP Seat Leon 5F FR ST MK3 Door Handle Storage Compartment Accessories Car Door Storage Box Container (Red) https://amzn.eu/d/3QlXD8D

Anyone fitted something like these?
Yup and they lasted about 5 minutes. I've had them in the boot since. They popped out when opening the door especially as you're not used to them being there and have to adjust the way you open and close the car

Mo_86

Sep 25, 2023
UK
Yup and they lasted about 5 minutes. I've had them in the boot since. They popped out when opening the door especially as you're not used to them being there and have to adjust the way you open and close the car

Thanks, I'll avoid 👍

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.