what did you and your mk3 leon do today

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
What does the dog bone upgrade do prevent wheel hop?
this is the blurb from REVO
More power results in more movement during aggressive acceleration. The stock torque mount is designed to offer comfort over performance and does not manage engine movement effectively. Designed to significantly reduce the loss of torque and drastically improve traction and acceleration,

I would also say if you are going to go stage 2 or above then you should also upgrade Engine and Gearbox mounts.

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Picked up the powder coated wheels today - going for the modest look :)

WhatsApp Image 2023-11-08 at 16.00.38.jpeg

Reactions: zeffania and Mo_86

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Whilst the front bumper is being taken off to fit the second aux radiator I have decided to also fit an oil cooler as on track days values are getting to high for my liking. Got a track day next week and then after this is fitted I have another track day to check the value differences (seen lots of others who say it makes a 15 - 20 c difference)

Screenshot 2023-11-11 at 21.13.47.png

zeffania

Nov 4, 2016
Today I have finally retrofited MK4 heated steering wheel in my Leon. New leather, red thread, Cupra trims and it fits nicely in my FR :)

pRerMVF.jpg
How are the buttons as I see yours isn't VC

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Bluepower

May 1, 2016
Steering heating works too? Was it a difficult swap??
Today I have finally retrofited MK4 heated steering wheel in my Leon. New leather, red thread, Cupra trims and it fits nicely in my FR :)

pRerMVF.jpg
Nice!!
Does the heating work too?
Was it a hard swap to do?

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Steering heating works too? Was it a difficult swap??

Nice!!
Does the heating work too?
Was it a hard swap to do?
You can read full thread about this retrofit here: https://www.seatcupra.net/forums/th...a-heated-steering-wheel-to-a-mk3-leon.470860/

Heating works excellent and to be honest I am turning it off after about 10 minutes because it is unpleasant to hold steering wheel, it's just to hot for me! Although there is a possibility to reduce amount of produced heat (low, normal and high) and change max wheel temperature after which heating will turn off automatically, I just need to adjust it to fit my needs. Every button which should work works (except for ACC and Travel Assist ones in my case, because I don't have compatible assistants (yet ;))).

Swap wasn't that hard, took me about 6 hours to do by myself. Most of the time I've spent near fusebox in order to add new wire.

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
Small quality of life update today - Silent coat black (3mm) to the entire boot floor and wheel well. Then installed the genuine VAG carpet from a VW Golf estate to complete the OEM+ look

May add some closed cell foam over the top at some point, but hoping for now this will reduce some of the road noise from the rear and the annoying vibration coming from the wheel well panel vibrating at speed (which drove me nuts at French motorway cruising speed)

875131b2-45af-47f0-9486-00ae812d7b0a.jpeg

Reactions: mjj4 and Jay5959

TripleBob

May 3, 2021
As an aside, does anyone know how the heck you remove the plastic trim that lets you adjust the height of the boot floor? I want to do the panels behind the carpet up the side of the boot, but can’t get the trim off!

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Reactions: TripleBob

jonny_w

Jun 26, 2014
Got mine serviced recently and was quoted £662 for discs and pads for the front. Then told I need 4 new tyres as they are 3mm 😂

mjj4

Sep 30, 2019
Small quality of life update today - Silent coat black (3mm) to the entire boot floor and wheel well. Then installed the genuine VAG carpet from a VW Golf estate to complete the OEM+ look

May add some closed cell foam over the top at some point, but hoping for now this will reduce some of the road noise from the rear and the annoying vibration coming from the wheel well panel vibrating at speed (which drove me nuts at French motorway cruising speed)

View attachment 39613
Looks good! I'm going to do this to my ST as well as it's a bit droney on the motorway with a trackslag downpipe and scorpion system. Do you have the part number for the golf estate carpet?

grabania

Aug 14, 2022
Gdansk, Poland
grabania.pl
Looks good! I'm going to do this to my ST as well as it's a bit droney on the motorway with a trackslag downpipe and scorpion system. Do you have the part number for the golf estate carpet?
5G9863544B fits also for estate, but it does not cover whole floor - it's a bit too short near rear seats.

For hatchback it is 5G6863007E and I've installed it in my car. Before and after photos:

wygluszenie-bagaznika-seat-leon-5f-1024x768.jpeg

wygluszenie-bagaznika-seat-leon-5f-retrofit-1024x768.jpeg

Tester01

Oct 24, 2022
Still on the hunt for cause of my poor mpg.

Swapped out the Map sensor for a new one and plan to change the upstream o2 sensor, see if it makes any difference.

Probably not but worth a go as I have no other idea why it’s so bad

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.