• Shell v power

Votes: 17 20.0%
  • BP Ultimate

Votes: 17 20.0%

• Total voters

muddyboots

Still hanging around
Oct 16, 2002
start off slowly matey,whacking a full tank of oil or bidiesel can cause problems(blocked fuel filter and fuel lines),i have been advised to go 10% biodiesel first then 20 ,40,60 up to full on 100%.once the car is running fine like this,then off you go,you can use a cocktail of oil/biodiesel and normal pump stuff if you must.

edit :depends on what engine you have also.older non pd engines are fine.pd engines its a very BIG no no

Haha you're well and truly converted now aren't you :D

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
i'm getting 53 mpg no problems.and 73p a litre too :whistle:
veggie.jpg

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
went to macro today up your way.couldn't believe it.over a quid a litre,, i thought bulk buying would be cheaper.it ain't.will have a look at lidll next week when i am at work

jonjay

50 Years of 911
Jun 27, 2005
Essex
WeeJase do you get strange looks when you walk out of tesco's with 53litres of veggy oil? :lol: :)

Viking

Insurance co's are crap.
May 19, 2007
Near Richmond, North Yorks
I use Morrisons diesel, and occasionally a dose of Millers. I filled up with Shell super expensive stuff on day last year, thinking It'd be a whole lot better etc. and the only thing which happened was I spent £10 more than usual.

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
think price will dictate more and more as in Shrewsbury it is now 108.9 and nearer Manchester saw some at 111.9 & 112.9 - bl00dy great rip-of.
Need to see if can work from home at least one day a week, as won't be able to afford diesel soon at this rate.

PhilOfCas

Nov 2, 2006
The capital of Yorkshire
think price will dictate more and more as in Shrewsbury it is now 108.9 and nearer Manchester saw some at 111.9 & 112.9 - bl00dy great rip-of.
Need to see if can work from home at least one day a week, as won't be able to afford diesel soon at this rate.

that's crossed my mind too, getting a bit silly now [:@], mate at work read something recently that said £1.50 in 6 months time, and to think our friends over the pond are complaining of paying 4$/ gallon.

Why no tanker/road blockades this time ???

ChrisGTL

'Awesome' LCR225
Nov 17, 2007
Huddersfield
The British are useless when it comes to things like this. Even the French do a better job than us at getting their own way.....

All it would take is for everyone who disagrees with the diesel/petrol prices to simply stay at home, the country would come to a standstill, the goverment would have to do some really quick thinking....

I don't know what kind of percentage of people would agree to this but surely it would be high and every company could not sack all these people for not coming into work as they wouldnt have many staff left if they did.

We are just so damn soft! This goverment makes fraud legal as long as they make the money out of it.

Trumpetman21

Fully Membered
Jan 17, 2006
Manchester
People just don't care - as long as they have their beer & fag money plus a big telly to watch Jeremy Kyle on they are happy.

I am involved in the anti-congestion charge campaign in Greater Manchester and even though 90% of folk disagree with it getting them to do anything about it is nigh on impossible - they would rather leave it to people like me to write letters/get petitions signed/attend meetings etc etc etc.

Sometimes I honestly believe we deserve the pasting we get as motorists from governments & councils....:(

cal_ibiza_130

Bio Diesel & PD Engines...

soon to be on 100% biodisel,with a hint of cooking oil ;)

Apparently that BIO Diesel is not good for PD engines... I found another thread on this site (I dont have the link tho.. Sorry!) and it says that after 18 months it burnt out some bodys injectors and did some other damage....

Something to look into before you use it!
:doh:

Craig Senior

I've been Tango'd
May 24, 2004
Yorkshire
Apparently that BIO Diesel is not good for PD engines... I found another thread on this site (I dont have the link tho.. Sorry!) and it says that after 18 months it burnt out some bodys injectors and did some other damage....

Something to look into before you use it!
:doh:

His car isn't PD though.

cal_ibiza_130

Oryt i thought the 110 was PD?? lol ....

I dont know how to tell if they are PD but I know for certain the 130, 150 and 170 bhp diesels are :D

Wat does every one think of Shell V-Power?? Any difference... ? I'v tried it a few times and I dont really see any differnce ...

CHR15B

May 5, 2005
Scotland
Oryt i thought the 110 was PD?? lol ....

I dont know how to tell if they are PD but I know for certain the 130, 150 and 170 bhp diesels are :D

Wat does every one think of Shell V-Power?? Any difference... ? I'v tried it a few times and I dont really see any differnce ...

1.9 TDI 100, 105, 115, 130, 150, 160 are PD.
1.9 TDI 90, 110 are Non-PD.

:)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.