What do we all do for jobs

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Crane driver - although I’m off work at the moment as due to me kicking cancer’s arse, I have a weak immune system which means I’m more at risk from Covid - and other people’s stupidity. No longer in a Leon - I’ve had four Leon Cupras of various marks and types - I’m currently in a mk7 Golf R although after much deliberation, I’m eyeing up the mk8.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
7fffe105230724cba2dc3b5736ac5cd9.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tell

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
After 8 years driving for Stobart ( see earlier posts) the Tesco distribution centre I work from has just been taken over by XPO logistics.
Had the option to stay with Stobart but that would mean moving depots or stay put at Tesco.
I chose to stay as the job suits, so here is my new daily drive…
6139092C-46B7-49AE-BE52-86D05A9A6FD3.jpeg

First time in a Renault truck. Being brand new took some getting used to. New buttons, touchscreens and keyless start.
Spent 5 mins looking for the ignition. Lol

Syphon

Site Owner
Staff member
Feb 28, 2002
South West
www.seatcupra.net
After 8 years driving for Stobart ( see earlier posts) the Tesco distribution centre I work from has just been taken over by XPO logistics.
Had the option to stay with Stobart but that would mean moving depots or stay put at Tesco.
I chose to stay as the job suits, so here is my new daily drive…
View attachment 31369
First time in a Renault truck. Being brand new took some getting used to. New buttons, touchscreens and keyless start.
Spent 5 mins looking for the ignition. Lol
Congrats. Lol even trucks are getting annoying touch screens.

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Im a class 2 driver and was looking at getting my class1. Since then ive seen you lot 1st hand. Parking them in tight spaces (in truck services parking for the night) reversing onto bays, turning in small yards etc.... to much for me at the moment.
I tip my hat to you 👍

Bear

Jun 15, 2021
Im a class 2 driver and was looking at getting my class1. Since then ive seen you lot 1st hand. Parking them in tight spaces (in truck services parking for the night) reversing onto bays, turning in small yards etc.... to much for me at the moment.
I tip my hat to you 👍
Everyone's gotta start somewhere Rich!

Nathan penney

Jul 8, 2017
Liverpool
Everyone's gotta start somewhere Rich!
Agree with Bear. It’s not as daunting as it seems after a few weeks doing it.
I went from being a joiner to class one 8 years ago. When I was doing my class 2 my instructor said to me once you’ve been driving artics it’s harder to drive a rigid. I didn’t believe him but it’s true.
Not had to for a few years now but when I had to take a rigid out after a few months on artics it was weird.
lined up to reverse like I would normally and completely messed it up. Needed a few shunts to get it right.
Some of the Tesco yards are tight and some of the express stores have a marked out loading bay at the front of the shop but it’s about 6ft longer than the truck.
The look on people’s faces when you parallel park one is a picture. Lol
If you decided to get your class 1 you would soon pick it up, especially cause you’ve been driving class 2.

Reactions: Manic172 and Rich.T

Rich.T

Feb 15, 2020
Yeh, ill probably do it at some point.
I did a career change into driving in 2020. Decided a get into driving a few years ago then finally made the jump.
Getting reasonably well payed and sitting on the job for now whilst we're going through these wierd times.
Will give me a few years to decide what i want to do.

Reactions: Nathan penney

Yern

Apr 25, 2019
Trained as HGV mechanic, now working consultancy/IT company providing Aftersales solutions.
I'll be sadly giving up my Class 1 in 2 years not worth renewing with annual medicals from 66, even though I hadn't used it in the last 20 years I wouldn't let it lapse and it cost (virtually) nothing to renew every 5 years. Got it in 1982 as promoted to vehicle tester (for cars/trucks/bodyshop) in a dealership.
Now retired at the end of '22. Like being on holiday so far but I don't get a salary at the end of the month :cry:. Keeping the Leon though (y).

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members