What do you do with your right arm?

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
The reason I ask is because the left arm can be taken care of by using a centre armrest like I bought off seremotors yet the right arm seems to be in limbo.The door seems to be a little too high to rest your arm near the bottom of the window yet the lower part of the trim is a little low. So what do you do with yours? I tend to just rest my right arm on the bottom of the window though.
Just another of those useless annoying posts that crop up from time to time.:think:

Al

Aug 29, 2005
You are right - a silly post :whistle:

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
Ye I know all that m8 but you need to put your arm somewhere while still holding the steering wheel and it needs some sort of rest facility on the right methinks.

Al

Aug 29, 2005
Lol. You would probably fail your test if you rested your arm on the door/arm rest I would think. Not something I have ever thought about to be honest unless I am eating chips, on the phone, having a shave etc when I am driving along the road :lol:

erichuyn

Dec 25, 2005
Netherlands
Although I have a LHD car, so the situation is the other way round, I do the same.
Just put it near the bottom of the window. Have to say it looks a bit dum from the outside since your arm goes upwards :S like you're a midget...

jdearden

Totally agree mate, bad ergonomics on the right hand door area my arm doesn't know what to do!

Using gaffa tape I have strapped 2 Harry Potter books to the door providing my right arm with a lovely place to be. It's like limb ecstacy. Also you can change the style of it by changing book covers.

:p

lard44

Watching C beams...
Apr 30, 2007
Braintree, Essex
Both my arms are extended, slightly bent at the elbow, and gently gripped around the steering wheel, at approxomately the 'ten to two' position.

At least that's what I told the Officer.

stuartsjg

Oct 22, 2008
Aberdeen
Your probably too close to the wheel if you have so much spare arm length.

Ive seen people driving supposidly comfortably with the wheel no more than 1 ft from their chest.

Stuart

jdearden

saying that watch the rally drivers they have their chins resting on the steering wheel pretty much, where as the 'cruizers' round my way have their seat reclined at 45degrees and arms completely outstretched!

End of the day, you should have both hands on the wheel and its not like you're one of those american truckers who's doing 1000 mile journeys and need to rest it!

My mate used to always drive with one hand on the top of the wheel...that was untill he got a blow out on the motorway....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.