What do you wish the Cupra had?

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
- I agree on would not have bought it with an e-handbrake. The last fun thing in my life with kids and stuff during winter is preferably RWD, or at least having manual handbrake and being able to totally shut off ESC. In plain Golfs or Passats you cannot, makes you feel like being castrated.

- The choices of colors for the Cupra (ST) was pretty lame; red and white and black and some 8 different shades of gray. I'd like a dark blue metallic.

- Neither the standard nor the multispoke wheels look any good. (Same with the Golf 7R wheels. Many Audi wheels looks good though, perhaps some part of it being due to lower ET which makes it possible to make deeper looking wheels.)

- As others have said: keyless and motorized boot. Not sure if I would've paid for it though.

- Towbar! (at least for the ST)

- Remote controlled parking heater like Webasto. Expensive but very nice to have.

nf2029

Aug 28, 2015
MY16 CUPRAs have boost and oil temp dials though?

Originally Posted by xperience
CUPRA with expanded standard equipment Leon CUPRA The obtained with the model 2016 is a standard Another standard highlight. The sports-HMI display "Human-Machine Interface, which is represented in the media system screen includes the representation of g-forces, the turbo boost pressure, the actual engine power and oil and coolant temperature.

And that is cool and very Nissan GT-R but the boost gauge being on the speedo like the S/RS is a lot smarter!

TMO

Feb 15, 2008
Stafford, Staffs
- Keyless Entry
- Heated Windscreen
- Brake Hold function (Hard press of the brake and it permanently apply the brake until you press the accelerator. Was on the Merc A-Class that I test drove once, saves you having to hold the brake on to keep the start/stop engaged (auto model))
- Louder exhaust
- More colour options (Orange like the old cupra r)

Since I bought my cupra last year:
- Mirror link :(

GrahamFR

Now AMG Powered
Dec 10, 2008
Barnsley or Burton
- Keyless Entry
- Heated Windscreen
- Brake Hold function (Hard press of the brake and it permanently apply the brake until you press the accelerator. Was on the Merc A-Class that I test drove once, saves you having to hold the brake on to keep the start/stop engaged (auto model))
- Louder exhaust
- More colour options (Orange like the old cupra r)

Since I bought my cupra last year:
- Mirror link :(

See if seat accepted the ebrake then the hold function comes with it. It'll be on the next model.

silverR1racer

Apr 7, 2015
Yes, keyless entry and engine start would be nice, the motorized boot would fancy as well, but the dead-angle and reverse-parkout assistant would be perfect and are already available e.g. in the Alhambra ! :)

Sent from mobile...

Maxipes

Sep 27, 2014
All-wheel-drive

Heated windscreen
heated steering wheel

automatic parking system

Snah

Jul 7, 2014
Netherlands
- stock 2" lowered suspension without compromising the comfort setup
- stock Brembo brake set
- stock bucketseats
- stock Michelin Super Sports tires
- stock 330 Hp

Major Tom

Jun 6, 2015
- I agree on would not have bought it with an e-handbrake. The last fun thing in my life with kids and stuff during winter is preferably RWD, or at least having manual handbrake and being able to totally shut off ESC. In plain Golfs or Passats you cannot, makes you feel like being castrated.

Now read some review in Autocar, saying "Perhaps this is the reason Seat won’t let you completely disable the traction control; an unusual degree of nannying on a car of this type."

When I ordered the car the dealer was very sure on that the ESC could be completely shut off, can someone confirm this?

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Must admit it puzzles me that someone buys a performance car, then would want to load it up with labour saving devices that would ultimately slow it down.

The only extra weight I would (and did) add to the Cupra is the spare wheel!

kazand

Is powered by Medtronics
Jun 6, 2010
Brum
Must admit it puzzles me that someone buys a performance car, then would want to load it up with labour saving devices that would ultimately slow it down.

The only extra weight I would (and did) add to the Cupra is the spare wheel!

Same with automatic parking. I had a space finder system on a previous car , used it once in 3 years, could do better myself.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise