What does this mean? Please help!

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Can anyone help me please?

I have looked on the Fault Code Thread and confirmed this is the right code that we just got

I have just had a fault code search done on my car by the lovely Askara because i had some problems this morning

I started her up and she went from about 0.8RPM to 0.2RPM spluttering LOADS and then cut out

I went to start her again and the initial buzz you get when you turn the key went on longer than normal and then it spluttered again when i started her

Its been running ok all day although i have been driving conservitavely all day

I got this fault come up:-

Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 6K0 906 032 AA
Component: 1.8L 20VT EU3 0002
Coding: 10500
Shop #: WSC 00000
1 Faults Found:
17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
P1557 - 35-10 - - - Intermittent
Readiness: 0000 0000

She cleared it and i went for a drive, the car didnt feel good and seem hesitant and when i got back we got this up

Address 01 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 6K0 906 032 AA
Component: 1.8L 20VT EU3 0002
Coding: 10500
Shop #: WSC 00000
1 Faults Found:
17965 - Charge Pressure Control: Positive Deviation
P1557 - 35-00 - -
Readiness: 0010 1101

Does anyone know what this means? I have an idea but really need it confirmed as it makes no difference clearing it

Also this one came up and i know it has something to do with my speakers but wondered what specifically?

Address 56 -------------------------------------------------------
Controller: 6K0 035 186 C
Component: Radio GRO 1V32
Coding: 00401
Shop #: WSC 06402
2 Faults Found:
00853 - Loudspeaker(s): Rear
36-00 - Open Circuit
00856 - Radio Antenna
36-00 - Open Circuit

Thank you for you help peeps its much appreciated

J@mes

e46psi.com ;-)
Jun 14, 2004
sorry cant really help alex, but the 00853 - Loudspeaker(s): Rear
36-00 - Open Circuit is quite a common fault that i have seen come up on a lot of peeps cars... i think its a dodgy connection in ur rear speaker! (check the connections!) but this is a gues, have a search! ;)

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
I have just had two of four Samco Hoses put on, the first time there was a leak and i thought it was sorted

Surely if it was one/both of these it woudnt be driving at all?

-pseudonymous-

Oct 28, 2005
Yeh first fault means overboost. I would probably say boost leak or faulty N75 valve. Check all pipes are tight, also make sure N75 valve is plugged in correctly.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
cupra_ollie said:
Yeh first fault means overboost. I would probably say boost leak or faulty N75 valve. Check all pipes are tight, also make sure N75 valve is plugged in correctly.

The only thing thats been changed is the hoses as i got some Samcos?

The_one

Mar 18, 2006
England
As ive said on msn alex borrow someone elses n75 valve and take it for a drive.

Could be your n75 sticking

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
check your connections... as said you have overboosted
somethings been disturbed during the silicon hose fitment i would guess

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
the last 2 deffo sound like dodgy connections:

Loud speakers rear - open circuit:

As James said, check your wiring, if possible, to the speakers. Alternativley put your stereo on, and sit in the back, and listen to the speakers - make sure the main speaker and the tweeter are working on both doors.

Radio antenna - open circuit:

Same thing as above really - check the wiring to your stereo. Whats your radio reception like?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
ibizacupra said:
check your connections... as said you have overboosted
somethings been disturbed during the silicon hose fitment i would guess

Could it be them just 'bedding' in and since being put on they just need tightening again?

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
Pabs said:
the last 2 deffo sound like dodgy connections:

Loud speakers rear - open circuit:

As James said, check your wiring, if possible, to the speakers. Alternativley put your stereo on, and sit in the back, and listen to the speakers - make sure the main speaker and the tweeter are working on both doors.

Radio antenna - open circuit:

Same thing as above really - check the wiring to your stereo. Whats your radio reception like?

I had an amp and sub put it months ago, could this be anything to do with it?

I dont really listen to the radio but when i do it seems ok? Difficult to tell really as when driving signal can be lost at any one point, you know?

flashbsd

only thing i can think is the map sensor wiring has been knocked when we fitted them alex.

Is it doign it all the time now then? or not doen it since that one time?

YOu are in limp mode by sounds of things alex, not a good sign, more to be a n75 issue or somthing not the pipes, that would cause negative deviation.

TBH i did them as tight as i could on the plastic IC pipe without risking breaking it, they were on 100% and looked fine to me.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
flashbsd said:
only thing i can think is the map sensor wiring has been knocked when we fitted them alex.

Is it doign it all the time now then? or not doen it since that one time?

YOu are in limp mode by sounds of things alex, not a good sign, more to be a n75 issue or somthing not the pipes, that would cause negative deviation.

TBH i did them as tight as i could on the plastic IC pipe without risking breaking it, they were on 100% and looked fine to me.

It started fine this morning, i think there was a tiny flicker in idle but bearing in mind when you turn it on after being off overnight it does vary a bit because of the choke

I havent taken it above 3000RPM so cant really say how its running to be honest

Would i need an N75 from an Ibiza to check it? I dont know when i can do this as i dont know anyone local with one and i cant really drive it far can i? :cry:

It came out as positive deviation on VAG COM?

Last edited:

flashbsd

What i would say is its not your samco's, you had a negative deviation at the meet, cos there was a boost leak, now it sounds like somethings requesting less and your car wants to deliver more, e.g. knackered n75.

Grab any n75 , LCR one will do, just swap them over ensuring you put it in the same way, and see.

Deffo not a samco problem this :) If you pop those hoses off id be suprised.

CupraTgirl

Model Behaviour
Nov 8, 2002
England
Visit site
flashbsd said:
What i would say is its not your samco's, you had a negative deviation at the meet, cos there was a boost leak, now it sounds like somethings requesting less and your car wants to deliver more, e.g. knackered n75.

Grab any n75 , LCR one will do, just swap them over ensuring you put it in the same way, and see.

Deffo not a samco problem this :) If you pop those hoses off id be suprised.

Yeah thats what Rob said too

What makes these valves break?

Is it safe to drive the car?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members