what have you done to your car today ?

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Knowing my luck I'll find out it's already mapped, given it started its life as a fleet car and had 80k on it by the time it was 3 years old and I bought it in 2008. Unless all PD150s are unusable in first gear and there's that much torque out of the box, in which case, more of that, please.

I'm dreading my insurance this year. It's still pretty low, around £250, but I've had to pay something like £45 for IAM membership to get it at that price, so god knows why I bother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tracktoy

Jun 11, 2023
Diffidently got something to do with them daft EV milk floats as them dead tech cars get written off over nothing so huge claims and pickup company's most refuse to lift them

And the lack of garages / mechanics who can do the work to fix them so cost of loan car is adding to the bill as well

Reactions: Nam-uk

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
And the lack of garages / mechanics who can do the work to fix them so cost of loan car is adding to the bill as well
Exactly and the list goes no and its big, yet the Pro Evangelist will ague the fact until there blue in the face lol, If the pro EV green brigade invented the wheel we will still stuck in the stone age as they made it the wrong shape psml, all polish and no depth that idea even worse government's in charge fall for it take about out of touch

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Knowing my luck I'll find out it's already mapped, given it started its life as a fleet car and had 80k on it by the time it was 3 years old and I bought it in 2008. Unless all PD150s are unusable in first gear and there's that much torque out of the box, in which case, more of that, please.

I'm dreading my insurance this year. It's still pretty low, around £250, but I've had to pay something like £45 for IAM membership to get it at that price, so god knows why I bother.

Fleet car wont be mapped also first gear has always been useless even when mapped, only issue i have with the PD is the floppy gearbox and first gear especially after driving old school hot hatches but the torque makes up for that even after owning a R5 GTTurbo and that was phase one chipped yet i still miss that, man that turned you into an obsessive lunatic hunting cars to race, bloody loved it lol what a car, yet sold it in 90s with 44k on it and you want to see the price of a mint one now grrrr

Last edited:
Reactions: iammooks

iammooks

Nov 27, 2018
Fleet car wont be mapped also first gear has always been useless even when mapped, only issue i have with the PD is the floppy gearbox and first gear especially after driving old school hot hatches but the torque makes up for that even after owning a R5 GTTurbo and that was phase one chipped yet i still miss that, man that turned you into an obsessive lunatic hunting cars to race, bloody loved it lol what a car, yet sold it in 90s with 44k on it and you want to see the price of a mint one now grrrr

I was born at the wrong time. I never got to buy (or more accurately, insure) a proper '90s hot hatch, and now they cost way too much for what they are.

At least the new clutch is in. Saw the old one and it had plenty of life in it, but it was the original one with 165k on it. I'm looking forward to stalling it regularly now the biting point is in the middle of the pedal instead of about a centimetre from the top.

DAN@ADRIAN FLUX

Forum Sponsor
Sep 27, 2016

Hi.
When you're ready if you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Alexis27

Dec 20, 2009
Manchester
Scratching my head after it started clunking after going down a bumpy road. Defo sounds like the exhaust and you could hear it clear as a bell with the window down.

Poked around underneath yesterday (literally - with a pole) and could find nothing.

Today went on a 75 mile journey and not a single noise. Absolutely perfect.

Proper confusing

Nam-uk

May 11, 2011
lancashire.
Scratching my head after it started clunking after going down a bumpy road. Defo sounds like the exhaust and you could hear it clear as a bell with the window down.

Poked around underneath yesterday (literally - with a pole) and could find nothing.

Today went on a 75 mile journey and not a single noise. Absolutely perfect.

Proper confusing
might be some rubber mountings are going, bumps Don't helps ones rubberness we all get old lol

• Haha
Reactions: BadBoy03
Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.