what have you done to your car today ?

Lowry020505

My cupra's a LEMON
Mar 22, 2014
Warrington,Cheshire
Been getting the low oil pressure on recently so took it work today to change my pick up pipe, whipped the sump of and to my horror I found the thrust bearings sat in the bottom off the sump all bent and twisted, main bearings scoured at the sides where the thrust washers shud have been, there was about 10mm play side to side in,
The weirdest thing is that the car drove perfect, no knocking or tapping, no power loss, just the oil light would come on every no and then when it got up to temputure at idle,

I'm devastated , nipped work today about 1pm thinking id be changing the pick up an 4hours later I've got the engine pulled out on the hoist, a furious wife and no tea

I'm on the hunt for a good cheap bottom end or engine (auq) if any one on here has one for sale

Lowry020505

My cupra's a LEMON
Mar 22, 2014
Warrington,Cheshire
Found a decent engine on ebay, 89k £350, think I'm gonna go with that one,, went work again today, stripped engine down to bare block, chucked every thing in the boot and pushed it out the garage on to car park, she will be there now till next Saturday, I'm hoping to have her going again by Sunday night

Greavesy

Jun 30, 2013
Donny
That's about 10mpg more than I normally get tbh.

It's one of RICHIES from here, I've added a layer of heat reflective mat on the outside and painted the inside black.

Last edited:

Dave_c85

Dec 1, 2013
Did some polishing :)

ate5u2y3.jpg

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
No, I tend to drive fairly steady on the motorway anyway. I get about 50 going to work and 65 coming home and none of that's motorway. (More down hill on the way home).

Prof.H

Feb 25, 2011
London
In the last month, had a new front HIDs (complete with lifetime guarantee), Badger 5 TIP fitted, Eibach 25mm front & rear anti-roll bars and Powerflexed all the front end. The car has been transformed in responsiveness, handling and comfort, it almost feels like a new car.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.