What Mods? SEAT IBIZA FR BLACK 1.2 TSI

Nathan Phipps

Jul 20, 2018
379C5D0A-8F90-4604-8D0A-F481F27CDC61.jpeg
What mods do you think I should do on my Seat Ibiza Fr Black tsi 1.2?

Need Ideas.....

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Nice colour choice! I’ve got the exact same one but in Nevada white. The current mods that I have got on my one are:
- Back box delete and custom dual tips - cost me about £120 and definitely worth it as I found the stock exhaust pretty unappealing
- Remap - was at 103bhp now at 130bhp, cost me about £400 with an forced induction clean included, can’t hugely tell a difference if I’m honest
- After market wheels - 18” Rosso RR8’s, this was an expensive job and took time as they don’t make the right ones for my car so I had to get the silver ones and send them back to Rosso to get them painted to how I wanted them , all together including new tyres was £980
-Mudflaps, not a great mod as such but I really like them as it makes my car stand out a lot
- blacked out SEAT logos on front and back, including Ibiza lettering and front bumper
I’ve also replaced stock aerial with a fin

Have you any ideas on what you want? Sorry if I bored you reading all of this!

ad32c764525ab98427393b2340a10ed6.jpg
8b4c1ce340b0a7c76a9c78331dcd9b1e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathan Phipps

Jul 20, 2018
Nice colour choice! I’ve got the exact same one but in Nevada white. The current mods that I have got on my one are:
- Back box delete and custom dual tips - cost me about £120 and definitely worth it as I found the stock exhaust pretty unappealing
- Remap - was at 103bhp now at 130bhp, cost me about £400 with an forced induction clean included, can’t hugely tell a difference if I’m honest
- After market wheels - 18” Rosso RR8’s, this was an expensive job and took time as they don’t make the right ones for my car so I had to get the silver ones and send them back to Rosso to get them painted to how I wanted them , all together including new tyres was £980
-Mudflaps, not a great mod as such but I really like them as it makes my car stand out a lot
- blacked out SEAT logos on front and back, including Ibiza lettering and front bumper

ad32c764525ab98427393b2340a10ed6.jpg
8b4c1ce340b0a7c76a9c78331dcd9b1e.jpg

Nathan Phipps

Jul 20, 2018
Great looking car! I actually prefer the white now I’ve seen yours haha! Alloys are sick!

Wishlist

• Remap to 130BHP
  • Black-Out plastdip Emblems
  • Debadge “i b i z a”
  • Shark Fin
  • Black-Out Side indicators repeaters (eBay)
  • Tint headlights / Tailights
  • Seat FR door sill protector
  • Forge induction kit
What you think? My mindset is to make the car black as possible

Really like the mudflaps, where they from?

camelspyyder

2 SEAT-er
Jun 26, 2014
Black one needs to look lower. Shorter springs to hide the arch gaps and side skirts. Bigger looking wheels too - those black Tagus look too small - barely look like they actually are 17's.

If remapping why not go to REVO and get their 144bhp stage 1.

Nathan Phipps

Jul 20, 2018
Great points!!

After looking at others MK5’s, it’s true look way better to be lower.

REVO remap is spot on! Got some dealers by me, THANKS

Deleted member 103408

Just to add to this both Revo and APR tend to offer discounts (25% last two years) around black friday time so if you are not in a hurry it may be worth waiting.

cupra300uk

May 31, 2018
Cheers! I think the black looks more aggressive than the white! They’re from rallyflapz think they cost me £80, bit of a pain installing them though but worth it.

Yeah I wanted to lower mine but there’s just so many speed bumps by me I just think it’s not worth it lol

Apr 24, 2019
Great looking car! I actually prefer the white now I’ve seen yours haha! Alloys are sick!

Wishlist

• Remap to 130BHP
  • Black-Out plastdip Emblems
  • Debadge “i b i z a”
  • Shark Fin
  • Black-Out Side indicators repeaters (eBay)
  • Tint headlights / Tailights
  • Seat FR door sill protector
  • Forge induction kit
What you think? My mindset is to make the car black as possible

Really like the mudflaps, where they from?
Where did you get the shark fin?

dan103

Sep 18, 2017

Was the fin just off ebay and has it effect the radio at all? Had one lined up on ebay for a while that's goes over the top of the base unit. Heard removing the aerial can be a pain.

Apr 24, 2019
Was the fin just off ebay and has it effect the radio at all? Had one lined up on ebay for a while that's goes over the top of the base unit. Heard removing the aerial can be a pain.
I tried one of these eBay ones but it didn’t look sturdy, I can imagine it would come off when cleaning?

slunat

Dec 21, 2017

If you want the full base and everything removed, you need to remove the headliner and unbolt the base from below. If it's just the antenna you just need to unscrew then pull really hard to get it off. I don't use my radio so wasn't bothered about reconnecting it, so I just took off the antenna and stuck the shark fin over the top of the base.

Reactions: dan103

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
I tried one of these eBay ones but it didn’t look sturdy, I can imagine it would come off when cleaning?

I thought the same as it just sticks on with some sort of adhesive. It's survived quite a few jetwashes already though so it's better than you think

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
If you want the full base and everything removed, you need to remove the headliner and unbolt the base from below. If it's just the antenna you just need to unscrew then pull really hard to get it off. I don't use my radio so wasn't bothered about reconnecting it, so I just took off the antenna and stuck the shark fin over the top of the base.

Cheers for the advice. I hardly use mine but if I did just wanted to make sure its still functional. Tried the other weekend pulling it off and the roof area it connects to starts to lift is there a trick to it ?

slunat

Dec 21, 2017
Cheers for the advice. I hardly use mine but if I did just wanted to make sure its still functional. Tried the other weekend pulling it off and the roof area it connects to starts to lift is there a trick to it ?

Nope, once you've unscrewed it enough so that it can tilt up and down, you literally just yank it as hard as you can. It's a bit scary cos you feel it's gonna break but it's connected to the base with like a ball joint so you just need to pull it out

dan103

Sep 18, 2017
Nope, once you've unscrewed it enough so that it can tilt up and down, you literally just yank it as hard as you can. It's a bit scary cos you feel it's gonna break but it's connected to the base with like a ball joint so you just need to pull it out

great thanks will try and be a bit braver next time

Jun 5, 2019
Hey guys new to the page but I own a 2014 seat Ibiza FR (White) and was thinking about getting new rims (black) and then getting wing mirror covers to match but didn’t know what to use/buy. Is there something I can get to make them black or have I got to buy like new ones?

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members