What size are my Brake Pads??

DantheMan

I have a 2003 LCR-210 and aparently the front pads are 99% worn so need replacing very quickly.

Seat want £122 for just pads so thought I would ring round a couple of motor spares places.

One place said there are 2 types of pad, one is 105mm and is held in with 2 pins and the other is 156mm in size but has what the chap described as on the phone "ears that hold them in place".

Now I said it would be the ones with the pins but they sound too small to me??

Either way, both sets of pads were £35 which seems a hell of a difference compared to £122 at the stealers?

Can anyone help me out?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire

DantheMan

Mate, ive just completed this exercise, and you will find alot of dealers actually quoting brake pads for the leon cupra ie Non Brembo, hence the cheap price.

I ended up buying the Mintex Extreme pad, which are identical to the Ford Focus RS pad.

Have a look here for the pad design,

http://www.xtremebrakes.com/index.php?option=com_chronocontact&task=send&chronoformname=catalog

remember its the brembo configuration your after.

Will the cheap ones fit the Brembos though as I am not bothered at the moment if they are cheap?

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
Will the cheap ones fit the Brembos though as I am not bothered at the moment if they are cheap?

As long as they fit the Brembos then yes "cheap" will fit, but i think you will find they are cheap for a reason, ie NON BREMBO !

FYI i got mine from Awesome for £58.00

DantheMan

As long as they fit the Brembos then yes "cheap" will fit, but i think you will find they are cheap for a reason, ie NON BREMBO !

FYI i got mine from Awesome for £58.00

If they fit then that is fine for now. I am only after cheap ones as I just spent £315 on 40k service and £112 on tax[:@], plus I gotta pay for my Honeymoon today which is £2300, so money is a bit tight at the moment!!

I may look to replace them with better ones soon anyway.

Cheers for all your help so far matey. I will let you know if they fit OK.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
If they fit then that is fine for now. I am only after cheap ones as I just spent £315 on 40k service and £112 on tax[:@], plus I gotta pay for my Honeymoon today which is £2300, so money is a bit tight at the moment!!

I may look to replace them with better ones soon anyway.

Cheers for all your help so far matey. I will let you know if they fit OK.

OK fella . By the way , what make are the "cheap ones" , some people may well of had experiences with them, and they may not be that bad,

DantheMan

Not sure on the make as I just ordered them over the phone and they will be in stock around lunch time today.

Will post on here when I pick them up.

Now, wheres that guide on brake pad removal.....................?

DantheMan

OK fella . By the way , what make are the "cheap ones" , some people may well of had experiences with them, and they may not be that bad,

The pads are Mintex MDB 2271, total cost was £41.13.
And the wear indicator fitted perfect too.:D

I changed both sides in just less than 40 minutes. Couldn't believe how simple it was really.

Empi5

Your scaring me.......
Feb 24, 2005
Staffordshire
The pads are Mintex MDB 2271, total cost was £41.13.
And the wear indicator fitted perfect too.:D

I changed both sides in just less than 40 minutes. Couldn't believe how simple it was really.

Excellent news fella, Mintex have a good write up, the Xtreme Pads that ive got seem to do the job well.

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
rog did'nt get on well with his 'cheap' mintex.

mintex is just a brand... various qualities of pad therein

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members