What size jubilee clips?

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
What size jubilee clips are needed for th TIP connection to turbo and airbox/MAF.

I want to replace these, i like to tighten then to ensure no leaks but not overtighten. some clips are rubish quality and just dont go tight.

what clips if any of you have changed them are using and anybody know what size they are? what make just the good old jubilee ones or?

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
The MAF on the LCR's are 80mm, I think the turbo end is about 50-60mm, I'v got my old TIP in the shed I'll have a look in the morning.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
mine are a mix of jubilee and "hi-torque" i think! the maf on the LCR is 80mm, so i guess you'd need a 85-95mm jubilee once you take into account the thickness of the TIP.

jwfcms

Sep 14, 2008
UK Yorkshire
thanks for the reply. thanks DK hope you get back to me i can sort some out then without going to hassle of removing it twice..

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
Right the external sizes are of my old TIP;
MAF= 85mm,
TURBO= 60mm
D/V= 35mm
You will also need 2 X 15mm, 1 X 20mm

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
Anyone know where i can pick up the big sizes of the clips as i've tried halfords and they dont seem to have any big enough. I then couldnt think of anywhere else to pick them up from. Any ideas? only other one I thought might have them was B&Q?

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
cheers for that mate! any idea where i could pick some up my self? im based up in Preston. Damn im hopeless at shopping lol:doh:

Richie-LCR

Jan 25, 2009
ayrshire
mikalor clips are by far the best but they are pricey, as D.K said a motorfactor should have them in most sizes

b&q do some but im not sure if they will sell big enough ones

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
the ones on forges site are they measured in circumference or diameter? sorry im really thick aint I lol:headhurt:

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
They look a bit crap to be honest....you want decent ones if its for a turbo hose.

If you order from forge it only takes a couple of days for them to get here and there very good quailty.

Mukkyman

Jul 1, 2007
I'l check the quality when i go over. Is it possible to double up the clips? if they are abit pants? cheers for the help with such a basic subject lol.

Richie-LCR

Jan 25, 2009
ayrshire
those clips will chew into the silicone which i would assume may cause cracking/perishing over time however i could be wrong about the perishing

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.