What to choose

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
Same seats jst the FR has the FR logo on the seats.

I went for the ref sport tdi with Aero kit instead of an FR. Dnt regret it 1 bit. Cheaper insurance and IMO looks way better than a standard FR. Insides arnt exactly too dissimilar tbh.

Sent from my Nexus One

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
If you owned a reference sport previously, you should already know the seats in that model and the FR are the same style.

maybe the same style, yes, but I prefer the material/colour of the FR to that of the Sport which had like a red through fine mesh sort of thing going on...

FR_Flavoured

maybe the same style, yes, but I prefer the material/colour of the FR to that of the Sport which had like a red through fine mesh sort of thing going on...

I agree. :) ......

Plus when you get in the FR (or Cupra!), you KNOW you are sitting in a PERFORMANCE car, rather than a more standard model thats just dressed up to look racey! Innit ! :D :bleh:

FR_Flavoured

Another point regarding the Aero Kit (reading through these forums), opinions are greatly mixed!
While some love the styling, others think the Leon looks cleaner/smarter with the FR/Cupra bumpers.

There does also appear to be a pattern that's developing, primarily by those who cant afford the insurance premium/running costs of an FR/Cupra, so instead look for a more budget Leon that features the 'go faster' Aero kit instead. ;)

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Another point regarding the Aero Kit (reading through these forums), opinions are greatly mixed!
While some love the styling, others think the Leon looks cleaner/smarter with the FR/Cupra bumpers.

There does also appear to be a pattern that's developing, primarily by those who cant afford the insurance premium/running costs of an FR/Cupra, so instead look for a more budget Leon that features the 'go faster' Aero kit instead. ;)

There also seems to be a "pattern" where FR/Cupra owners constantly slate anyone who dares to even think about purchasing an aero kit because "they don't like it".

Sounds like a bit of "badge snobbery" there sunshine. Never think that some people might actually purchase a car based on what they actually think of it and not someone else? ;)

Becks

ExtremeBlue&CandyWhite
Apr 22, 2007
Blantyre
www.facebook.com

Well, in my opinion i'd more readily have sex on the bonnet or infact the back seats of the silver car with the aero kit, than the black FR. Cleaner/smarter...Boring/standard looking...its all opinion.

As for the "primarily by those who cant afford the insurance premium/running costs of an FR/Cupra, so instead look for a more budget Leon that features the 'go faster' Aero kit instead. ;)" that makes you sound like a bit of a c0ck tbh.

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
Well, in my opinion i'd more readily have sex on the bonnet or infact the back seats of the silver car with the aero kit, than the black FR. Cleaner/smarter...Boring/standard looking...its all opinion.

As for the "primarily by those who cant afford the insurance premium/running costs of an FR/Cupra, so instead look for a more budget Leon that features the 'go faster' Aero kit instead. ;)" that makes you sound like a bit of a c0ck tbh.

:lol:

Mar 25, 2008
There also seems to be a "pattern" where FR/Cupra owners constantly slate anyone who dares to even think about purchasing an aero kit because "they don't like it".

Seem's to be K1 owners who probably bought a K1 thinking it was a limited edition exclusive kit :lol:

FR_Flavoured

Well, it's only taken you the above Two paragraphs, for me to get a really good idea of the type of person you are... Refined - Sophisticated - Intelligent ........DONT come to mind - more chavvy slapper ! ;)

PS: S2TTB Please dont call me sunshine!

Becks

ExtremeBlue&CandyWhite
Apr 22, 2007
Blantyre
www.facebook.com
Well, it's only taken you the above Two paragraphs, for me to get a really good idea of the type of person you are... Refined - Sophisticated - Intelligent ........DONT come to mind - more chavvy slapper ! ;)

PS: S2TTB Please dont call me sunshine!

Its quite clearly a piss take...thanks for all the name calling though...i'm away to cry into my pillow that the arrogant man off scn thinks i'm slutty :rolleyes:

Becks

ExtremeBlue&CandyWhite
Apr 22, 2007
Blantyre
www.facebook.com
:cartman:

I just don't see the need for a superiority complex over the head of the FR, we aren't driving £250k sports cars ffs.

As for the aero kit...it can be bought aftermarket, same was as the MK1 LCR kit can. What is the issue if people prefer the styling of that kit, the cupra kit, or the base model leon, and change the looks of the car to suit? Realistically, the average man on the street is not aware what model of leon came with what kit as standard, so its not about pretending the car is something else in the majority of cases. Each to their own imo.

I just didn't care for the "poor folk are copying the looks of our rich folks cars" slant that the thread took. This debate will no doubt rage on in other threads with other small minded people putting in their 2ps worth...but its all just a pointless slagging match.

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
I dont think its 'bad' I just think their is a lot of people on here who take theirselves a bit too serious. I could easily 'afford' a Cupra never mind an FR, but I couldn't justify the extra expence of buying it, consumption and insurance etc. Plus I thought the FR suspension was a bit too hard for me (as I was sick of my old Ibiza cupra n Cupra R hard Suspension) and liked the reference sport suspension better (still sporty but not too sporty if u get what I mean) I just cant stand the 'I have an Fr and u r obviously poorer because u have - what was it "a more standard model thats just dressed up to look racey"

Its just a bit petty and immature imo :ban:

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
I dont think its 'bad' I just think their is a lot of people on here who take theirselves a bit too serious. I could easily 'afford' a Cupra never mind an FR, but I couldn't justify the extra expence of buying it, consumption and insurance etc. Plus I thought the FR suspension was a bit too hard for me (as I was sick of my old Ibiza cupra n Cupra R hard Suspension) and liked the reference sport suspension better (still sporty but not too sporty if u get what I mean) I just cant stand the 'I have an Fr and u r obviously poorer because u have - what was it "a more standard model thats just dressed up to look racey"
Its just a bit petty and immature imo :ban:

Exactly. Its like being 13 years old and back at school.:)

Chester

MPG racer
Mar 25, 2002
Peterborough
Well I like the looks of the standard FR, but then I also like the looks of the BTCC kit. But which is best. There's only one way...

I'm still scratching my head on this one, but my head tells me I prefer the wolf in sheeps clothing, always have. If the kit didn't turn heads that much, I'd have it on in a heart beat. Sadly it's not the world we live in, and it's sad that this is even a consideration, but it is. Should my car need to sit outside overnight, I'd like it to be intact the next day.

I too was thinking of getting a MK2 Cupra, even travelled up to Nottingham to have a look at a white one, but it's just stupid doing 22K miles a year. So I'm hanging on for a CR with the spec I want. My MK1 Cupra is still great, going strong.

AndyVTR

Mar 19, 2002
Seem's to be K1 owners who probably bought a K1 thinking it was a limited edition exclusive kit :lol:

Wasn't it on models below the FR before the Cupra?

That's my problem, models that are all show and no go. Kids in Saxos thinking they've done over an FR/Cupra. I see a million PD140s with the aero kit on, and missing jack point cover...

rllmuk

Apr 23, 2005
I think that's why I don't like the K1 kit as it was on the BTCC Ref Sport (TDI 140) a long time before - so to me it just seemed like recycling a kit they couldn't shift by slapping it on a Cupra and making it 'special'. Now if I'd not seen the kit on anything else before, I'd probably be happy to have it.

End of the day all that matters is what you think about your car, everyone else can STFU! :)

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
Wasn't it on models below the FR before the Cupra?

That's my problem, models that are all show and no go. Kids in Saxos thinking they've done over an FR/Cupra. I see a million PD140s with the aero kit on, and missing jack point cover...

At the end of the day, which came first?

Plus, kids in saxos doing over a PD140? You do realise theres not much in it on the road between a "performance" (LOL) FR and a PD140.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.