What to look for when buying an Arosa Sport?

Emz

Nov 24, 2008
Swindon
Hi all,

I've been to look at a Seat Arosa 1.4 16v Sport which i'm very interested in. It's a 2003 plate with 63k miles on the clock. It's up for sale for 3,250..

What do I need to look out for?

I've noticed that the engine is slightly loud but I've been told this is common in the sports as it's running on different cams and he also started it up when it was cold?

If I could have some advice that would be great as i'm new to the Seat world. I currently own a Fiat lol.

Thanks,

Emma

mk1arosasport

Hello Emma and welcome to the forum!

Things to look out for are:

The gearbox - they are renound for being weak, make sure you take it for a test drive. If it feels stiff going into gear or the gearbox is noisy then walk away as it could cost you a new gearbox as it will fail.

The pedal box - Some of the pedal boxes are prone to breaking where the clutch pedal mounts to the rest of the pedal box, it was a design error and you will find it difficult to ingauge gears (can be mistaken for the gear box fault) listen out for a creaking when you depress the clutch pedal and move the pedal side to side with your hand. I think seat will replace it under warrenty or recall fault!

As its done 63k make sure its had a cambelt kit fitted as it should have been changed at 60k,if its not been done do it as soon as possible.

There has been a recent recall on a brake servo hose fault so just get them to check that aswell!

I hope i have not put you off the arosa as its a great car!

Good luck

Luke :)

warren_cox

Back from the dead
Also a few suffered oil pump issues where oil was pumped up to the head of the engine. Think it was a bad batch rather than a common issue, but if it's sounding a bit loud at the top end this 'could' be an indication of this. May be worth a £100 AA check just to make sure you don't get hit without recourse. Other than that, and the points mentioned above they're pretty good. The wifes never went wrong in 30k

allallyouyou

Arosa Sport
May 23, 2006
The g/box and clutch are the only 2 things I would mention to you about. As for the pedal box I never had any trouble with mine and I do more then 20K a year in it.

Are you sure its the engine thats noisey not the exhaust?

One thing I would say is check that the exhaust is ok, rest your foot on the back of it and make sure it dont wobble or feel as tho its coming off!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise