What to look out for when buying a used FR?

Oct 14, 2019
Hi all,

I'm travelling 100 miles next week to buy a 2018 SEAT Leon FR 1.4 150 DSG at a SEAT dealership and was wondering what to look out for when viewing the car other than the condition, drives well and panel gaps?

BillyCool

Jan 16, 2020
Leicestershire, UK
Have a look at some of the comments on here. Some might be relevant.

Oct 14, 2019
Have a look at some of the comments on here. Some might be relevant.

I have checked the service history, it's had 2 main dealer service at 9k and 17k miles, the car is currently on 18.5k miles and have HPI the car using Vcheck and all comes back clear.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
If it’s had the services and upon arrival is in decent condition then nothing much else to check on a 2 year old car.

check the make of the tyres on it. Generally rubbish make tyres would indate a previous owner that did not really care about the car. However main dealers still fit trash tyres on cars to sell them, which annoys me

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015
At that age it should look and drive perfectly. Ask if it has been in any bumps. There is no guarantee that it hasn't been although a Seat Approved Used car won't have anything major in its history.

At 17K it will still be on its original tyres. Listen for rattles but to be honest most are easy to fix anyway. Honestly, it should feel tight and right.

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
At that age it should look and drive perfectly. Ask if it has been in any bumps. There is no guarantee that it hasn't been although a Seat Approved Used car won't have anything major in its history.

At 17K it will still be on its original tyres. Listen for rattles but to be honest most are easy to fix anyway. Honestly, it should feel tight and right.
i went through the fronts on my FR at 10k miles

Oct 14, 2019
If it’s had the services and upon arrival is in decent condition then nothing much else to check on a 2 year old car.

check the make of the tyres on it. Generally rubbish make tyres would indate a previous owner that did not really care about the car. However main dealers still fit trash tyres on cars to sell them, which annoys me
Does the FR comes with mats from factory or do I need to get them from the dealer if I want original ones?

BigJase88

Jase
Apr 20, 2008
Does the FR comes with mats from factory or do I need to get them from the dealer if I want original ones?
Mines came with them and i got it brand new. No cost to me but i did ask for them, so maybe it depends how hard lined the original buyer is.

Mr Pig

Jun 17, 2015

I think they're an extra but pretty much all the cars I've seen have them. If not, you can buy ones on eBay that are just as good as the factory ones.

ryzzey

Jan 18, 2018
Dorset, UK
‘Seat Approved Used’ means absolutely nothing. I part exchanged a Mk3 I had that had been in a serious crash (before I owned it) and repaired badly, had issues with the heating and gearbox was rattling. The dealer sold it on a week later as ‘Approved Used’ there’s no way they were aware of the issues and didn’t repair them in that time. Dealer didn’t even look at the car when I part exchanged it. Just as an FYI!

Reactions: Mr Pig
Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.