What tyres re: road noise?

leedebs

Dec 12, 2006
As subject.
I have Michelins fitted to my Stylance 2.0TDi and I find that on a nice stretch of road they are very quiet but in the main I find it annoying that I can hear a lot of road noise driving up & down the motorway everyday. Now I know the state of the roads is the major problem but I had a 3 series BMW 320D for about 6 months prior to getting the Leon and that was very quiet (engine was alos very quiet but thats another story :shrug: ). The beemer had Dunlop Sport tyres fitted, so my question is can you guys let me know what tyres you have fitted and if you find them noisey if at all?

sportbilly

thinking out loud
Oct 8, 2001
in my car
Visit site
Tyres do make a difference with road noise but I dont think you will ever get it as quiet as the BMW, unfortunately its the result of the cheaper car.

I always went along the lines of grip was more important.

shaunw

Apr 13, 2007
HANTS
I'm wondering if it would be worth investing in some dynamat or similar, anyone used this?

Shaun

leedebs

Dec 12, 2006
I'm wondering if it would be worth investing in some dynamat or similar, anyone used this?

Shaun

I would be interested in this as well, anyone tried sound deadening material?
The fitting of an engine cover seemed to tone down the engine noise somewhat although this has not reduced the engine noise level at 1500 to 1900rpm

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.