Whats Better for 17's...a 60/40, 60/60 or 40/40 drop?

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
if you want a tip for the suspension... if youve not got one, take the suspension to someone with an air gun and get the top bolts off with the buzz gun... nightmare otherwise

Yeah I've heard, only people I know is the guy that does my tyres, or my grandads mate who's got a car garage, but if I take it to him I could just get it all done and fitted cheap, but I want to do it myself just for the experience lol.

I could take it, get them loosened, then I could do it myself at home :)

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
:headhurt:...i was working a night shift...:headhurt:

:lol: it's not your fault, I should have explained myself a little better ;)

Just wondering, to fit the suspension do I actually need spring compressors, as the shocks and springs are already fitted together?

Just getting a list of tools I need,
All the usuals i.e
a hydraulic jack
Axel stands
21mm socket/spanner
10mm socket/spanner

Anything else?

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
They have come with new top mounts aswell :)

How stiff are sports shocks? just that I don't want to put them on until my mum buys a new car because she's using this and she'll drive over bumps to fast! lol

abhardwaj1990

Yes, I'm licking my hand
Mar 16, 2009
Shottingham
Ive just fitted the kit! have to say did a pretty good job of it on my first time :D

I can definitely feel the difference, its firmer and a lot less body roll! :)

BUT, and theres always a but, the car doesnt look that much lower :S
the back definitely sits much nicer, but the front is only about 2 cm lower i think......

I have found out that this kit is adjustable, so the firmness can be changed, does that have something to do with it?
i was thinking maybe its because the suspension hasn't been compressed in a while and it'll take time to settle?

I'll upload some pictures later, and hopefully someone can tell me if they've experienced something like this with Koni shocks/springs?

thanks!

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members