What's causing this- brake disks

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
I am getting a groaning sound sometimes when doing traffic driving. My local garage have given me new disks and it's still doing it. It is on the rear driverside disk and from looking at the disks the disk has been worn away to a slant on the outside and the inside is worn aswell now. The wear lines are approx 3mm wide the disks are ebc ultimax.
The garage as mentioned have already replaced one set if disks so I think it is a problem with the car which is a remapped Lcr.

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Yeah that sounds similar to what they said. They have already given me new free disks but it's happened again. What causes this and is this common?

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
The brake pads have hydraulic pistons which force these onto the disc to stop the car when you pressure the brake pedal.
If these are not free to move they gradually retract less and less and eventually they don't retract and are constantly in contact with the disc. This is what it sounds like is causing your problem.
Try going for a short drive (10 mins) and after the drive feel your alloys to see if any of them are hot.
If they are you could have the above problem.

To fix this the callipers need stripped off and freed up/greased

leesmith

I am getting a groaning sound sometimes when doing traffic driving. My local garage have given me new disks and it's still doing it. It is on the rear driverside disk and from looking at the disks the disk has been worn away to a slant on the outside and the inside is worn aswell now. The wear lines are approx 3mm wide the disks are ebc ultimax.
The garage as mentioned have already replaced one set if disks so I think it is a problem with the car which is a remapped Lcr.

had this from a oe set of pads.vw said they all do it,live with it!.felt like driving the car through the showroom window.:wtf:

Trublu07

Oct 7, 2008
Essex
Forgot to mention that the noise is not there constantly, just now and again and you can see the edges of the disk almost looking rust like easily.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.