Wheel fitments

ibizaSquint

Ive been told that 17" and 18" will go on with absolutly no problem. IS this correct, he said 16" wheels will cause brake caliper problems? PLEASE HELP!

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
Who said what and when? What are you talking about? You can fit 14's onto an Ibiza? Probably even 13's on the lower spec models. I fitted some 16's and had caliper issues due to the type of wheel they were. That said, if they were the 17" or 18" version (not to sure there is the latter) it would have had the exact same effect on my caliper due to the offests and things.

Are you sure you have a mk2 as well? Mk2 on 18's would look pathetic!!

looks fine on 18's to me:
seat_ibiza_kit_car_street_stand.jpg

:whistle:

for more wheel info:
http://www.ibizamk2.co.uk/Alloywheels.htm

ibizaSquint

Mark sound like an angry man, i never wanted 18" i wanted 16", but someone who works at r-tec said 16" would be hassel so i thought of 17", i was wondering if someone had put 18" and if they had a problem with space, i wanted to no if this gezza was chatting out his arse.

Mckellar

you have a 1.4, yeah?
Doubt you will have any problems even with 15s except when you start messing about with high offset wheels...

my old wheels were ET38 and 15s and i could clear the calipers on my old 1.4 no problem.

Fl@pper

Back older greyer and less oilier but always hope
Jun 19, 2001
Gloucester
16" even came standard on Gti models and with bigger brakes - dont panic

7.25*17 fit fine but offset can mean an arch rubbing a tad loaded up (my kids are big :))

MarkW

Chris
Apr 4, 2007
Edingburgh
lol. I'm no angry man! hehehe. I just don't understand why you would have been told 16's don't fit on a car that comes standard with 14"/15" wheels! Get whatever really and worry about spacers and clearance later :lol: (Is depressingly what I did!)

Mckellar

thats it, even if they were to somehow magically no idea how-ly touch the calipers, guarenteed 5mm spacers would knock that problem on the head.

Chris you crazy man - ET 0 - nice :D

ibizaSquint

So if i want 16" wheels i shouldnt need spacers, and as long as ther 4*100 stud it will be peachy?

zwetus

The pic of that rally-ibiza with 18".. the body is widen.

Off course it fits with 18" if u have widen it...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members