Wheel spacers & STD LCR Wheels

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
Hiya peeps,

Is there any advantage of using wheel spacers with the standard LCR wheels? Does it make the car look wider? I guess it will push the wheels out towards the archies but then would they rub?

Anyone got any pics etc?

Cheers gus n gals

4937Liam

Jan 12, 2010
Lakenheath, Suffolk.
Most people from what ive seen and read tend to go for 5mm spacers to give their cars that slightly wider track. I'll be doing this on my FR eventually but I also intend to lower the car on its 17inch cupra wheels at the same time.

I would also recommend hubcentric spacers - worth the extra money to be honest.

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
Where can i purchase the spacers from? Would i need new longer wheel nuts? Can i still use the 18" LCR wheels?

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
Cheers for that pal. Dont suppose anyone has any pics of before and after with the spacers on?

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
this is what mine looked like with a 15mm spacer on he front
Ive since taken them off
photo.jpg

karlw

AKA Shifty - Modded LCR
Jan 29, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
I had after market wheels on it with longer nuts and when i put the standard wheels back on the nuts were to long so untill i got some OEM nuts i had to have the spacers.
This is what it looked like before i chaged the wheels back to OEM
IMG_0261.jpg

sheffboy

avoiding potholes
May 25, 2007
here's my LC on LCR alloys. I've spaced it 15mm rear and 10mm front with hubcentric spacers. The car looks so much better for it and feels more stable.

DSC01129.jpg

DSC01124.jpg

DSC01119.jpg

DSC01121-1.jpg

I dont get any rubbing but i'm only 15mm(ish) lower on eibach pro springs

Last edited:
Reactions: gilky

JamJay

California Bound
I bought hubcentric spacers for the rear (10mm) and I can't praise them enough. The car is much more stable at the rear when cornering fast and it no longer squirms under hard braking. If you go for a small hubcentric spacers, then you won't be putting any more stress on your suspension components than normal.

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
im running the standard springs/dampers etc etc.

Think i will go 10mm front & back

Marktdi180

Mon the diesel
Mar 8, 2010
Livingston
I had after market wheels on it with longer nuts and when i put the standard wheels back on the nuts were to long so untill i got some OEM nuts i had to have the spacers.
This is what it looked like before i chaged the wheels back to OEM
IMG_0261.jpg

Are you using after market wheels on your car? Are original wheels for sale??

marv_n69

Standard'ish Cupra R 225
Jul 30, 2009
i am using original wheels, original sus etc etc.

Looking at sheffboys rears they look like they stick out abit to far when looking from the back bumper however they seem online with the quarter panel.

Sheffboy - are you from Sheffield by anychance? Im Leeds so could meet up for me to have a nosey

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise