Wheel turning scraping sound at low-ish speeds... Bearing?

Hey folks!

My friend who works at SEAT is fitting my blueflame tbe and Seat sport suspension kit next weekend, however, I noticed, im sure it's getting worse...

When I am travelling at quite low speeds, when I turn the wheel right, there is like a scraping type sound coming from the front passenger side wheel area, It almost sounds like brake discs scratching, but I have replaced the discs and pads recently.

And the front right never does it...

It's only when you literally turn the wheel when driving and keep it held in that position.

Is this what a wheel bearing does when going wrong? As whilst im getting the above stuff done, as the wheels will be off for the suspension fitting I might as well get a couple of new bearings for the front wheels, but then, not if it's not the issue.

Many thanks,

Sean :)

mrmattholmes

yeah that would be a sign the wheel bearing is on its way out mate

My missus 206 Gti wass dong this last week when we got it lowered.

I thought the drive shaft was rubbing or wheel bearing going.

Turned out to be a stepped tyre but didnt do it before was lowered,

try the front tyres on the rear and vice versa

Daymo

Low and Slow..
Jul 22, 2008
Scarborough/Sheffield
mine rubs on the inner arch and mines only lowered 40mm, theres a bit that sticks out on the passenger side, as i have the same problem as you, its not the discs or pads and its definietley not the tyres as ive just got 4 new ones, its just a bit of plastic thats all :)

Ricardo_Smooth