When did you order, when is it arriving?

Apr 13, 2023
Hello everyone! I order my car on June 22. I have a build week now: 18th 23. (the build date has changed 3 times until now: 11th, 13th, 15th and now 18th)
I would like to add something to my order at this stage. (Bucket seats with electric driver's seat and heated front seats (cloth & leatherette).
The dealer told me that I can still make changes to my order, but they didn't suggest it, because it would be risky for more delays.
What do you believe? Is this change capable to delay more my order? Is the electric driver's seat worth it to wait more time?

My configuration: Formentor VZ hybrid, Magnetic Tech, 19" Exclusive 38/5 Black/Copper, virtual pedal, Safe & Driving Pack XL, factory alarm, steering wheel with satellite buttons, panorama roof.

Last edited:

SRGTD

May 26, 2014
I’m not sure of the situation with Cupra but with VW, changing the spec of an order can result in that order being treated as a brand new order, which would mean going to the back of the build queue and starting the waiting process all over again from scratch. Also, if there are supply chain issues with any of the new items of spec added to a car, then that could well mean increased wait times / more delays.

So I would say that your dealer is probably being honest when they’ve suggested you may be faced with increased delays if you change the spec of your car. I personally wouldn’t add the additional items of spec and risk a much longer wait (I’ve never had an electrically adjustable seat and don’t feel I’ve missed out by not having this feature). Ultimately, it’s your decision though, and whether or not you’re prepared to potentially increase the wait time for your car to be built.

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
Hi all, I've just ordered a V2 1.5 manual in the last couple of days. Just in the standard white (spent the cost of a paint job on the virtual pedal instead!) through Motorfinity who have assured me of a September delivery. The said it will more than likely come sooner but this way I get the new reg plates.

I don't really care about the Reg plates but I figured its more than likely going to be that long at least anyway going by some of the posts on here!

ScoobyD00

Dec 19, 2022
UK
Good luck with motorfinity. I had terrible time with them. Major delays, no updates, told different things by different staff.
I cancelled my order in the end due to the terrible customer service. I know other people who have had similar issues but their
trustpilot reviews are still good. I eventually got mine from the motor source group. Delivered within 4 weeks!.
Fingers crossed you get a better service and the delays arent too long

WhiskyBomber

Apr 13, 2023
Good luck with motorfinity. I had terrible time with them. Major delays, no updates, told different things by different staff.
I cancelled my order in the end due to the terrible customer service. I know other people who have had similar issues but their
trustpilot reviews are still good. I eventually got mine from the motor source group. Delivered within 4 weeks!.
Fingers crossed you get a better service and the delays arent too long
Oh no thats not very reassuring! I've never bought a car through a company like this before ( and don't personally know anybody who has used them before but as you say, the reviews were good) and it does feel a little more daunting without the reassurance of a brick and mortar dealership you can walk into and speak to for any issues. I told myself it can't be any worse as I've had my share of dealer problems and the last one ordered the wrong spec and forgot to add extras. Had to go to the head of sales before he admitted it was a mistake.

Admittedly I have already had a fight over delivery, advertised as free delivery on UK mainland but tried to charge me £150 as I'm "remote". I haven't put much stock in this bit as this isn't an unusual argument - many English (London) based companies think if its not Glasgow or Edinburgh then it must be some wilderness in the glens that needs Mountain Rescue to deliver milk to! They're also £5000 cheaper than my local dealer quoted for the same spec so I'm probably willing to cut a little slack.

Apr 24, 2023
I ordered mine from Cupra dealership in Oct 22 and was told would take 10 to 16 weeks to build. My original order was the free white paint as I already splurged out on the V2 features. Anyhow we crossed the 12 week mark and it was looking like an unidentifiable delay of sometime in June the earliest. I decided that although I had a car to use, this was taking too long so enquired what would be coming into stock in the near future. They did not have any white ones but had other colours and the extra cost was £10 a month. So I asked them to reserve the asphalt blue for me. It took another 8 weeks from that point and I took delivery in February. Really enjoying the car and enjoying the colour too. So for those who are fed up of waiting it might be an option to look at what the dealership would be getting in the near future.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.