When the lambda sensor is mapped out...

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
...with a stage 2 map, is it normal for there to be a fault code on the ECU? I'm getting fault code 17526 which seems to be

17526 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor Heating; B1 S2: Open Circuit

This is post-cat sensor. So is this normal?

Thanks

Last edited:

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Can't comment for your exact setup as I've never done it on the Leon, but I know in some cases you need a 'loop back adapter' or something to that effect. I've heard them called 'O2 Sensor Eliminator' too, which convinces the ECU that the sensor is there and reporting all OK

kineticz

Forever moddin'
Jul 23, 2008
Shropshire
www.wepaintanypart.co.uk
But the point of the stage 2 mapping was to remove the lambda sensor entirely from the ECU's system?

The sensor is unplugged if that's what's causing it? Maybe if I plug it back in, the map will work as it should

I've contacted P torque to see what they say. :)

dh00001

Aug 11, 2009
I found an online guide to use resistors and capacitors to fool the o2 sensor into thinking its fine.
I have an old sensor I will try this with when my bits arrive from RS. Will post the results :D

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I didn't realise that a fueling map could tell the ECU to completely ignore the sensor. I thought it was just designed to work with some kind of eliminator. As I say though, my knowledge on the subject is not from Leons though

AntneeUK

2 Wheels 2 Many
Mar 8, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Is the sensor there? Because if it's not, then of course it will say that there's no activity :D

Look in to the eliminator if nobody else comes back with anything more useful

lc_allan

Northern Monkey
Sep 15, 2006
I have mine stage 2 mapped out but the sensor is still in place. The port on the exhaust however is blocked up. I don't think I had that error when I last scanned codes.

Faisal

UK's 1st Liquid Yello LCR
May 27, 2008
Most likely at work
when i got my exhaust done, the garage shrowded the sensor. but due to recent work on the exhaust, the lambda message has come back up again...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise