where to get space saver for altea

neonitrix

Hi Guys,

I bought a 2nd user 2005 seat altea - it dosnt have a spare tyre only one of those repair kits. I am looking to get either a full size spare or space saver but am having big problems with dealers getting prices etc.

Someone said that golf V rims fit the altea

Any help appreciated - am based in ireland. I dont mind getting a full size spare and loosing the bottom compartment of the boot.

I have factory fitted 16's on my car alloy.

tks

Neonitrix

neonitrix

hi,

if you can find out how much shipping would be for one of the tyres to portlaoise in ireland. might be interested

tks

neonitrix

james.milroy

Mar 18, 2007
Sunny Saltcoats, Scotland
Hi again,

Had a wee look at shipping: Ballpark figure is £30 - £35 to ship wheel/trye combination from UK to Ireland. It seems a bit steep but thats what its gonna cost. Wouldn't know exact amount until say Monday when I could phone and get a proper quote.

James

neonitrix

klawit - the full size spare how much did that set you back - that is a 16" rim is it?

tks

Neonitrix

klawit

ALTEA 1.4 TSI 4YOU (my2015)
Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
klawit - the full size spare how much did that set you back - that is a 16" rim is it?
Hi Neonitrix,

you're right, it's the original steel wheel (1K0 601 027 A 03C) in 16" ....

Bridgestone Turanza ER300 - 205/55 R16 91V

=> http://www.seat-forum.de/forum/showpost.php?p=109734&postcount=62

... which was delivered with the car, as at that time (May '05) I only had the options TMS or full spare ....

... and 2 weeks later, SEAT enlarged options to space saver. :cry:

So, I don't know the price of this option, as it was either/or and both for free.

But I checked with the partno ... ;) ... it's ~53 Euro w/o tax

greets ... Klaus

Last edited:

neonitrix

howdi

i presume that price is just for the rim? and then sorce a remould or something for the tyre.

also how are you searching for prices on part number do you work for seat?
if not can you give me a link.

lastly how much boot space do you lose with your full size 16" spare? just the bottom level?

tks

Neonitrix

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
i presume that price is just for the rim? and then sorce a remould or something for the tyre.

also how are you searching for prices on part number do you work for seat?
if not can you give me a link.

lastly how much boot space do you lose with your full size 16" spare? just the bottom level?
exactly ... quoted price is just the rim.

A friend of mine is working at a dealer over here ... but meanwhile there are also lots of parts & prices published in our board. And that's where most of my insider information is coming from ... besides that I own such a car ;)

Wanna see my Sporty?

=> ALTEA 2.0 FSI Sport Edition

There you'll find a picture of the trunc holding the full spare wheel.
Still some room to stow away additional tools 'n' stuff.

enjoy ... Klaus

Last edited:

neonitrix

exactly ... quoted price is just the rim.

A friend of mine is working at a dealer over here ... but meanwhile there are also lots of parts & prices published in our board. And that's where most of my insider information is coming from ... besides that I own such a car ;)

Wanna see my Sporty?

=> ALTEA 2.0 FSI Sport Edition

There you'll find a picture of the trunc holding the full spare wheel.
Still some room to stow away additional tools 'n' stuff.

enjoy ... Klaus

I would just like to thank you for your help

I have ended up getting a second hand rim bought a full size tyre from eiretyres.com and got both fitted together total cost to me was: €92 euros.

just have to get the fome insert ordered. Happy with the full size spare for less than 100 euros.

thanks again

Neonitrix

klawit

Oct 13, 2005
Germany, Cologne-Area
I have ended up getting a second hand rim bought a full size tyre from eiretyres.com and got both fitted together total cost to me was: €92 euros.
Hi Neonitirx,

glad my help ended up in a pretty good deal. :D

About the foam insert:
I'm pretty sure you've read my post => here <=

... btw. that lightweight "inlay" should be ~ 10 euros (w/o any tools).

greets ... Klaus

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members