Where to get standard/pattern exhaust

leonpower

Oct 7, 2009
The one piece original cat-back exhaust has reached the end of its life so I'm looking for a replacement, but am struggling.
National and Kwik-fit couldn't find the rear sections on their systems and have failed to call me back after saying they would contact another supplier.

I've used buypartsby before (who supply Timax exhausts I think) but they don't have the rear either.

An independent garage near me can only find genuine Seat parts but would be >£400 supplied and fitted.

Online I can find euroflo parts (bad reputation) supplied by onlineautomotive or a Toyosports Stainless Steel aftermarket system.

Anyone know where I can get a replacement exhaust - preferably not made by euroflo?
Or thoughts on the Toyosports one?

Cheers.

chrispcupre

Jul 27, 2011
leicestershire
cobra sport do a cat back system in stainless with a choice of straight through centre pipe or silencer depending on how noisy you want it with life time guarantee £285.00 not bad:happy:

leonpower

Oct 7, 2009
Do the toyosports exhausts have a hanger on the center silencer? The photo doesn't show one, but the Seat one does I think.

Seems the most tempting option at the moment. No noiser than standard is my preference.

Mattgrace

I was Able to get it but the rear alone is 250 plus vat .... Call Chester's on 01244372555 ....3 to 5 wOrking days and they deliver

May 13, 2011
S/E London/Kent
Do the toyosports exhausts have a hanger on the center silencer? The photo doesn't show one, but the Seat one does I think.

Seems the most tempting option at the moment. No noiser than standard is my preference.

I'm not sure if it did have a hanger. Mine had broken off I'm pretty sure I welded it to it. It's not much louder at all. I reccomend it.

Have you still got your cat in?? and how does it sound?? been tooooo tempted but been holding out to hear a review on the part

Yeah I still have normal down pipe and cat in. She sounds nice actually a little more beefier when you rev and nice little hum on tick over but not much louder than oem I didn't want it loud at first. But times have changed lol going louder soon :D. Can't really fault it really especially for what you pay for it.

Miller 20vt

No longer a newbie
Sep 13, 2011
Hampshire
www.pijin.co.uk
Yeah I still have normal down pipe and cat in. She sounds nice actually a little more beefier when you rev and nice little hum on tick over but not much louder than oem I didn't want it loud at first. But times have changed lol going louder soon :D. Can't really fault it really especially for what you pay for it.

see im still a kid at heart so i might just go for a non res to start off with....or buy that system and get a non res centre section made up at a later date, you had yours remapped at all?? just seeing if it made much difference to performance at all??

Miller 20vt

May 13, 2011
S/E London/Kent
Nope not mapped. Yet... Also I've got baileys dv and a pipercross panel filter and drilled air box and I get a pretty good sound at the moment a nice growl on acceleration.

leonpower

Oct 7, 2009
I went with the Toyosports stainless steel cat back system and got the local garage to fix. They needed to use a sleeve and clamp as well as the parts that were supplied and the centre bracket hanger on the car was removed (it unbolts) as it is not needed with the Toyosports exhaust and gets in the way.

I'm happy with it so far. It sounds slightly different to the original part, but similar noise levels.

Dannyh

The Black Pearl
Dec 30, 2011
Manchester
has anyone over tried a DP and decat using the standard rear section of the exhaust on either a LC or a LCR, what does that sound like, im looking for a quite option but more power ??????

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Decat might get some bhp but nothing like swapping the straw like downpipe

downpipes1.jpg

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yeah that's a 3" d/p they are about £90 of ebay, they come de-catted just need a spacer for the second lambda so the eml doesn't light up.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members