wheres my annoying noise gone??

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
right ho, strange one this! when you leave the lights on and open the door i used to get a beep telling me i'd done so, roughly translated i think it means 'Dan you Tit, the lights are still on!' but as of last thursday it's disappeared! :think: The even more annoying 'it's cold outside OH MY GOD IT'S COLD!!!!' noise still happens, but the other one has gone!

have done nothing at all to the car in a few weeks mods wise, just cleaned it as per normal so i don't know :wtf: has happened here!

any ideas?

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
does the interior light come on when you open all THE DOORS ?

as said maybe you have a faulty door open switch, the switch is located inside the door lock assy and will probably be a pain in the arse to replace

good luck

Mat

wouldn't complain in my opinion. Unless you're the type who needs the reminder to say you've left you're lights on ;)

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
i'll have a ganfder tomorrow and see if the fuse has gone.....and see if i can disconnect the 'its cold outside' noise, shits me up evertime it goes off, think the cars gonna break down!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
It's annoying I agree, but quite useful. Wish there was one for the interior light being left on!

There's even a noise which goes off when you leave your keys in the ignition and open the door, which is really annoying. That was activated when my old Ibiza had it's speedo changed from KM to miles (don't ask, probably a dodgy Arnold Clark import) and it bugged me for the 3 months I had the car after that was done.

NowGottaIbizaMk5

Feb 5, 2005
Beverley
My Mk3 does that - the beep stops and then a week or so later it works again. No logical reason without attacking the car to find out tho ;-)

It's the low fuel beep that give me the 5hits - esp. when it goes off and I'm minding me own business!

st10587

i only brake for cake!!!!
Oct 4, 2007
Hindhead
i hate the low temp one, why the hell do i need to know its below 4, i know it is as it freekin cold outside!

Jul 17, 2004
West Lothian
It was -6.5c the other week when I came out of work in the morning and it beeped at me when it hit -4c. "Be careful, it's freezing out there, not as bad as it was, but still bloody freezing." :blink:

RichieRich

Mk4 Golf GT TDi
Sep 17, 2005
Oxfordshire :)
www.bebo.com
dan ur really gonna miss when claire goes then one less buzzing thing that dont work.... really miss that not.. im half glad she has gone to be honest stopped me doing so much.. can get on with my life now :D

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise