Which Bushes?

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008
Buntingford, Hertfordshire
Hi,

I've got an 2005 PD130 Fr and passed its MOT today. It's got some advisory things though. Both nearside and offside "front lower suspension arm rubber bush deteriorated". I'm going to replace the standard rubber bushes with uprated ones.

If you look at the picture in this link then I think the ones that are needing replacing are number 2. Can someone confirm this?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/images/products/supersize/fabiadiag.jpg

I might also replace the other wishbone ones with powerflex bushes (Number 1 in the link). I've also read about the cupra bushes, are these different from the powerflex ones?

If I could get a part number for the standard ones would that help?

Dave

thomasa

Ibiza TDI Power
Aug 2, 2005
Chichester
www.briskoda.net
Bushes

Hi
I recently replaced my bushes on the front.

For the front wishbone rear most people go for the Cupra bush as they are solid compared to the standard bush - about £20 a pair from seat themselves.

Front wishbone front, i went for poly uprated but most its fine to get standard - not cheap, about £56 for the pair.

I did my anti roll bushes at the same time - for polys - 19mm(2002,130 pd) - about £25 pair

To get the lot done cost me about 2.5 hours labour - went to JKM in portsmouth
Got all the uprated bushes from Jabbasport - give them a ring, mention the forum for 5% off.
tom
:)

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
whats all this front front wishbone and front rear? im not very in the know about suspension and that but its next on the mod list so........ anyone explain for me?

thomasa

Ibiza TDI Power
Aug 2, 2005
Chichester
www.briskoda.net
The rear only has one big bush each side but ive heard its a pig to get out
Think just the parts are near a £100 to replace + labour
Il get mine changed to poly when the times comes - should last a lot longer
tom

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
think mine needs doin on the nearside coz it squeeks when i go over a speed bump or a pothole....... :(

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
The rear only has one big bush each side but ive heard its a pig to get out
Think just the parts are near a £100 to replace + labour
Il get mine changed to poly when the times comes - should last a lot longer
tom

Yup the rear beam bushes need eiter burning out with a blowtorch or pressing out.

You'll need the press to get them in, if you just whack them with a hammer you'll mash up the new bushes.

I've got powerflex on my rears, really sort the handling out.

ibiza64

Jun 23, 2009
do most garages have a press? ive got a local garage who ive been to a few times, they seem ok and they dont charge a bomb for labour but im just wondering if they will have the right equiptment?

Chino_UK

Team Creatine
Jul 19, 2009
Cheadle, Cheshire
You're best asking tbh, I know the garage I took mine to to have it done said they had originally had to order it in, it seems its the same kit used to fit the bushes to MK4 Golfs (the parts are the same).

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.