Which fuel?

auq

Avoiding Potholes!
Feb 11, 2010
Leicestershire
SUPER FUEL​

ive been chatting to Jabba motorsport, and their map guy was telling me the difference between fuel, the highest octain fuel we can go for is the Tesco super with 99%, second is the Shell V-Power with 97%

on the Tesco fuel i got a 20bhp increase from using the usuall RON 95, thats pretty impressive increase for little extra cost! im running a 2001 Leon cupra AUQ

Also Seat recomend using Super unleaded as the ignition is advanced to run better on this fuel than regular unleaded.

Hope this helps somebody out! and get to Tesco and see for yourself!!!

[B)]

james walker

cooling is the key people
May 24, 2007
retford notts
???? think most people know this already mate. as youll see most use shell vpower, or i use bp ultimate as theres no shell near with millers octane plus added every tank

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
probably not on n/a, if its mapped for it then yes, but if recommended to run on 95 then it will be fine, the lc is recomended 98 ron from factory so if mapped for it or higher then it wont run optimum on any less

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
SUPER FUEL​

ive been chatting to Jabba motorsport, and their map guy was telling me the difference between fuel, the highest octain fuel we can go for is the Tesco super with 99%, second is the Shell V-Power with 97%

on the Tesco fuel i got a 20bhp increase from using the usuall RON 95, thats pretty impressive increase for little extra cost! im running a 2001 Leon cupra AUQ

Also Seat recomend using Super unleaded as the ignition is advanced to run better on this fuel than regular unleaded.

Hope this helps somebody out! and get to Tesco and see for yourself!!!

[B)]

Have you got a Jabba map mate? what do you think of it? :)

auq

Avoiding Potholes!
Feb 11, 2010
Leicestershire
Ive got another ecu with jabba software on it, contaced them today and they say its fine to put on the car, im trying to get more info on using vag com to recode my new ecu, looks pretty straight forward

stevo72

Feb 3, 2007
cambridge
personal preference i reckon! i have standard LC 01 and use standard unleaded and my weekly run to work and back getting around 430 out of a full tank ! i have tried the super stuff and not found that much difference and for the extra £5 is costs per tank not worth it for me, but if i had a mapped car then it could be different.

james walker

May 24, 2007
retford notts
430 from a 1.8t??? how the hell do you do that?

if i use 95 it pulls the timing back tons and runs poorly.

430 from 50litres approx works out at 39mpg approx.... if you get that consistently running 95 ron on 1.8t please share how

BlackLeon

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
that's insane, cannot be true or it's the 1.4 or something. I've only ever put 95ron in mine for 5 months, just had a full service and for 40 litres (just under full tank) barely ever touching the turbo I only get 260-280 miles. I'm considering changing to the super stuff 97 99ron to see if there is a difference. Will it be ok? I swear the petrol cap on my 2002 1.8 cupra 20vt says recommended 95ron. . You lot think if I put 99 in it'll run better? Wont harm the engine?

leon cupra r

Back in an LCR!
Nov 10, 2009
Barnsley
that's insane, cannot be true or it's the 1.4 or something. I've only ever put 95ron in mine for 5 months, just had a full service and for 40 litres (just under full tank) barely ever touching the turbo I only get 260-280 miles. I'm considering changing to the super stuff 97 99ron to see if there is a difference. Will it be ok? I swear the petrol cap on my 2002 1.8 cupra 20vt says recommended 95ron. . You lot think if I put 99 in it'll run better? Wont harm the engine?

quite the opposite mate, higher octane is better for the engine!

Feb 26, 2009
Wolverhampton
I don't get those sort of numbers out of a tank for my V5, but there is a noticeable difference between normal and super, even for my naturally aspirated engine. But mine says '98 RON' on the fuel filler.

On any engine with a knock sensor and the ability to manage ignition timing, an increase in RON should result in an increase in performance and/or fuel economy. I wouldn't go as far to say that it's 'better for the engine' though.

As for the original post, just two points to mention. It's not a percentage, it's just a number. Research Octane Number I believe:). And secondly, while Tesco might have a high RON, it's really poor quality petrol, and I wouldn't recommend it. Go for one of the supers from the brands, it's much better. There's at least one post on here about someone who's had major engine trouble with supermarket fuel, and Tesco are the worst.