• Evo Magazine are looking for a mint and (and ideally unmodified) Leon Cupra Sub8 to drive and photograph for a feature. Find out more here .
  • Hey Guest👍👎 We're looking for reviews of your local CUPRA or SEAT Dealership - it's quick and easy to do: Leave a review now

GrooveChampion

Active Member
Jul 27, 2026
22
6
My 2016 290 is supposed to have the small undertray that doesnt cover the oil pans, at least according to the parts catalogue(I searched with a VIN number)

Why is it that these cars come with the oil pans unprotected? And some have the full size undertray?
 
I bought a full undertray for my 2015 280 ST, bought an aftermarket unit with OE bolts (the 3x bolts in the back of the undertray)

3x Bolts WHT000729A
AP1GczP3xDD0J29Ke0hVKDDDKk9llx185Pwg3iVLZggDsYIpnpuhQ-Hl229SphmFEzl7wKaqVydLHtsq8vC1tdqZjxDQUYFugRmrBCKQzzPgGkkXsAeIZrK22np-Am00-B7R_U9iKMv3f2t4cC-KvPLMVea1Yw=w1920-h1080-s-no


AP1GczPukUwtAn3Tosnz3aX9GMFGPZ3_pI-Wkm7euYsBUOCZIrKE7JITvgyUtAoZyfPCXM_ShX-e4kGEhGM1GipiUmag5Wl8rFsEdzZj5iRWHGdnPUKUtVCThxZE5KzPl-nKXS2lzF3IJH3TwvZbEsu2d7V7HQ=w1920-h1080-s-no


AP1GczMHWG064uwccfpORCK58OH3GTKXe--2GUrcMLFfDZRL7JszdIGElWndOTO3tftkKyuJAwL8sm9n4nUdfOS_nhgI84sKXt37qI_873KcwLy7qnYBGMNSLdRwK7bLBt9sb0SyfHPsUH8Fwy50bYdjHdFVsA=w1920-h1080-s-no
 
I bought these bolts a month ago from AliExpress lol

Whats the part number for the undertray?

Thanks bro!
 
Why is it that these cars come with the oil pans unprotected? And some have the full size undertray?
I would imagine it's to aid airflow and cooling through the engine bay. It's not to protect the sump from damage.

To be honest, from what I've seen, if something hits the underside of the engine bay hard enough it tends to break straight through the undertray and smash the sump.
 
  • Like
Reactions: GrooveChampion
I would imagine it's to aid airflow and cooling through the engine bay. It's not to protect the sump from damage.

To be honest, from what I've seen, if something hits the underside of the engine bay hard enough it tends to break straight through the undertray and smash the sump.

To be honest my main worry aint the sump cos if I hit something hard enough I can wave goodbye to it

My main worry is how precariously the computer for the haldex diff is jutting out, I am scared it will get hit by road debris
 
.....My main worry is how precariously the computer for the haldex diff is jutting out, I am scared it will get hit by road debris
Then you can do the replacement of the undertray that " nd-photo" have done.
I have the "big" thin standard undertray on my Cupra. My former Golf R mk7 had the small one.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: GrooveChampion