Why there will never be a production of F2 panels

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
After speaking to a few people today that used to rally the old F2 ibizas, it seems that duplicating the panels is infact an infringement of the copy right that seat have, and as such will never happen...

Shame really but just confirms that the panels will never be made in aftermarket production... (legally)

Seat_Ibiza_Kit_Car_2.jpg

this is all

ibiza_95

1.8T MK2 Conversion
are ya mate that would look sweet. i wouldn't know where to start lol:lol:

well... all ill be doing is making a plaster of paris mould of my original headlight and then make a fibre glass copy of it... once thats done ill just be shaping the mould around some spot lights... doesnt cost me anything but fibreglass and time tbf so its worth a shot... itll only be a one off though

Allready ahead of you on that one;)

the race is on.... lol though tbf i have no intention of starting them in a hurry and or finishing them soonish either so...

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
After speaking to a few people today that used to rally the old F2 ibizas, it seems that duplicating the panels is infact an infringement of the copy right that seat have, and as such will never happen...

Shame really but just confirms that the panels will never be made in aftermarket production... (legally)

Seat_Ibiza_Kit_Car_2.jpg

this is all

Eh?

If thats the case I take it that road going pattern replacement panels are produced legally under licence then..

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
well... all ill be doing is making a plaster of paris mould of my original headlight and then make a fibre glass copy of it... once thats done ill just be shaping the mould around some spot lights... doesnt cost me anything but fibreglass and time tbf so its worth a shot... itll only be a one off though

the race is on.... lol though tbf i have no intention of starting them in a hurry and or finishing them soonish either so...

They'll be done as and when my man gets round to it:D

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
Would love to get a bodyshop to make me some of those arches! Would cost a small fortune tho!

I to am planning on making some of those headlamps! Anyone by chance know the diameter of the round spot lamps? I'm splitting some 1.4 headlamps at the weekend to get started on making moulds at uni!

Edit: anyone have close up pics of the headlamps?

Last edited:

old 'uns

Modern Life is Rubbish...
Mar 20, 2003
walsall
Visit site
I to am planning on making some of those headlamps! Anyone by chance know the diameter of the round spot lamps? I'm splitting some 1.4 headlamps at the weekend to get started on making moulds at uni!

looking at them F2 Stu's probably right, not exactly the greatest design in the world...
'Pedro, have a look in the bin's for a lamp....these OK?.....ye', too big but no-one will notice'

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.