Why there will never be a production of F2 panels

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
look like they are moulded direct off the standard lamps ?

http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/

anyone got a spare pair of lamps and some time and patience ?

http://www.s-v-c.co.uk/lights_head.html

5.75" doesn't look far off a size at a guess with lamps and holders about too wouldn't be a bad job that ;)

shop about though as SVC can be a bit steep

I have a set off GTi headlights spare with a few brackets broken, anyone up for a group buy if I contact carbon mods or performance trim? Send my lights up there and let them do what ever to them to make the mould.

jamiebennett81

i thought someone on here had the moulds for the wings when this was discussed a while back....RobT perhaps? and was actually going to make a few panels?

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
I've raised the issue on here a number of times - about getting a set of moulds made for the kitcar panels/bumpers etc - but like has been said, when push come to shove, no-one wants to pay what it takes - approx price is £500 per mould and then about £150 apiece in glass, more in carbon or kevlar. The opportunity still exists to make moulds but its just not cost effective unless at least 5-10 people GENUINELY want to go down this route.

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
if people are serious about the light moldings then lets find out a price and those that say are interested, put some sort of deposit down. dave, if you sort anything out then put my name down for a pair + i got a pair of headlights aswell if they are any use. :D

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
i'm up for them headlamps
but remember there was big indicator/small indicator versions, so 2 versions will have to be made :(
as they are slightly different

i would love a wide kit too, esp as i am going euro!

jamiebennett81

I've raised the issue on here a number of times - about getting a set of moulds made for the kitcar panels/bumpers etc - but like has been said, when push come to shove, no-one wants to pay what it takes - approx price is £500 per mould and then about £150 apiece in glass, more in carbon or kevlar. The opportunity still exists to make moulds but its just not cost effective unless at least 5-10 people GENUINELY want to go down this route.

which is never going to happen considering the age of the MK2's and most are selling for around £1000's, making two panels already going over this threshold

kyle18uk

Dec 19, 2006
Nottingham
I'd be up for some of the lights, would have to get two prices, one for fibreglass and the other for carbonfibre. I'd want carbon fibre personally. I've got a set of 1.4 headlamps with the single reflector if they need them.

F2 Stu

I. Am. Legend.
Oct 4, 2001
Crawley, UK
Visit site
One offs all you're talking about is your own labour costs (or sombodyelses) and negligable material costs

Production runs yor looking at the cost of the masters (x2) the cost of the mould (x2) then the cost of the moulded part itself (x2) then the head lamps themselfs and bespoke mounting ring to be fixed to the lamp as those types of lamps are meant to be housed in a casing and the wiring from the OEM loom into the lamps

For argument sake Say you do master(s) yourself (£0) cost of the professionally made moulds (£3-500) then the part itself (~£50each in GRP) Lamps-the pair (£35) Profile cut mounting rings (£20) fixings, wiring & bulbs (£X)

On 10 genuine people stumping up money, You're easily looking at around £250-300 a set before VAT on some parts..

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2005
Telford ay it...
every gram count :)

p39495n1.jpg

Ace picture for reference :)

Think these would be the pre-facelift lights? Did they ever change the F2 between facelift's?

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
After speaking to a few people today that used to rally the old F2 ibizas, it seems that duplicating the panels is infact an infringement of the copy right that seat have, and as such will never happen...
Whilst there may technically be some copyright infringement on the wide arches, there are enough remade sets on various cars around Europe to suggest Seat's real interest in these has long since passed by now.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.