Why there will never be a production of F2 panels

ather`s

EXEO Sport & mk2 IBIZA
Sep 7, 2008
mansfield, notts
there`s a company in the uk that does the bonnet vent. i got one about 6 months ago! cost about £30. i will find the paper work if anybody interested?

F2 Ed

now has VAG com
Nov 5, 2006
www.superlite-wheels.com
wonder where this guy got his?....

939088692_9139ba37cb.jpg

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Yep, RSD made it, and here it is in a slightly unfinished state at Castle Combe. I believe it got exported to Australia....

3e20e2e6.jpg

51d01ef9.jpg

2a08650b.jpg

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Yep, RSD made it, and here it is in a slightly unfinished state at Castle Combe. I believe it got exported to Australia....

3e20e2e6.jpg

51d01ef9.jpg

2a08650b.jpg

The RSD Replica used the actual arches removed/cut by RSD from the Copper F2 motorshow car before SEAT would allow it to be sold!

These where then grafted onto a strengthened donor 2 door base spec shell.

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
what all this comes down to is cost - original parts are available if you look hard enough, but prepared to pay lots of dough

again - fibreglass or carbon copies can also be made - we have access to all the required panels to do this - but when push comes to shove, no-one has the required folding.

they can be made 'slightly' different to genuine panels so copyright or whatever legislation might apply, would be avoided - happens all the time - not that Seat would be bothered anyhow

Been seriously thinking of stumping up the cash myself and doing a complete wide track 'road' car with Badger-5 1.8T go juice...(fully interiored, no cage), but would people pay the likely £10K min for one?

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
again - fibreglass or carbon copies can also be made - we have access to all the required panels to do this - but when push comes to shove, no-one has the required folding.

How much response have you had, Rob? You could put me on the 'could be interested' list.

Been seriously thinking of stumping up the cash myself and doing a complete wide track 'road' car with Badger-5 1.8T go juice...(fully interiored, no cage), but would people pay the likely £10K min for one?

Not me, but I'd say possible yes, people would.

Chris Eyre

The Voice of Reason
Apr 2, 2003
researching
Visit site
The RSD Replica used the actual arches removed/cut by RSD from the Copper F2 motorshow car before SEAT would allow it to be sold!

These where then grafted onto a strengthened donor 2 door base spec shell.
They really don't want it copied do they :(
SEAT didn't want the Copper car on the road, but if we take the authorised usage line, RSD should probably never have been in possession of the panels, post the liquidation of Cupra Sport UK. They should have been returned to SEAT Sport Spain along with the rest of the cars & parts ;)

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
look how the aftermarket one bolts to the car! I bet you it won't be the same, the aftermarket one bolts through the top of the tailgate not the window

OrcaGti

Jul 8, 2007
Inverness
We dig bringing this back to life,

Just emailed a reliable source at Seat regarding the F2's, pannels etc, as they had some on show in the showroom for a while in inverness, was just the front wings bumper an scoop, got a reply right away advising he would look into how to get ahold of them an he is going to get back to me as soon as, will fire email up once i get a responce.

Thought this might put a smile on some of your faces :D