Will a skoda octavia vrs leather interior fit?

hughes86

Dec 3, 2007
manchester
hi guys. just seen a skoda octavia vrs leather interior for sale. was wondering if anyone knows if it will fit as looking to change mine????

Last edited by a moderator:

stuart86

Mar 14, 2006
West London
www.britishmods.com
Hello :)
yep that would be me

Its a direct swap... but the vrs interior does not have a side airbag so currently my airbag w/light is on (until i get a resistor put it)

Here's a cool through the windscreen shot i took :)

DSCF2581.jpg

slick

Bit of an animal
Mar 15, 2005
Essex
Its a direct swap... but the vrs interior does not have a side airbag so currently my airbag w/light is on (until i get a resistor put it)
Dont think your insurance company will like that.... I called my insurance and told them I may change my seats to buckets and they said if the air bags are removed the preminum would go up or if they see fit, the insurance would be void and insurance remaining refunded to find insurance elsewhere.

You better check that one out mate, in a crash THAT WILL BE CHECKED, i know when i crashed my Focus the inspector checked all the airbags had deployed. :headhurt:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
yep that would be me

DSCF2581.jpg

I do like that...

How much did you pay for your VRS interior Stu?
:)

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Dont think your insurance company will like that.... I called my insurance and told them I may change my seats to buckets and they said if the air bags are removed the preminum would go up or if they see fit, the insurance would be void and insurance remaining refunded to find insurance elsewhere.

You better check that one out mate, in a crash THAT WILL BE CHECKED, i know when i crashed my Focus the inspector checked all the airbags had deployed. :headhurt:

Don't get this or am I missing something?

The insurers are covering you for damage to the CAR in the event of a crash surely? It will only be the occupant that is damaged if there are no airbags.:shrug:
If anything I would expect it to be the other way round (i.e more expensive insurance if airbags fitted) as the airbags would need replacing as well in the event of a crash - assuming the car isn't written off. :confused:

olaf

Dodo Lover!!
Aug 19, 2006
Ipswich
The insurers are probably not that worried about your car. More worried about who is in your car and the damage they could sustain or who/what you may hit!

Airbags stop you getting hurt, therefore safety feature, therefore insurance get arsey if you crash and they arent there.

Hence why when you tell them you would expect to have to pay more money for the pleasure!

PurpleGolfMan.

Yellow FR TDI.
Nov 5, 2008
North Staffs.
Resistor??

yep that would be me

DSCF2581.jpg

Hi do you no where you get the resistor from to plug into the airbag wire cause i have the light on dashboard problem???

S3 AKR

livin' the dream!!!
Jun 30, 2004
Colchester, Essex
You can get resistors from Rapid Electronics or Maplins or RS components etc for a few pence but you need to know the apropriate size (don't ask me!) and the pins it needs to be placed across, and then the fault code cleared with VAG-COM as the light won't just go out.

There are people on here (and/or UK-MKIVS foums) that had replaced steering wheels with non-airbag items and had to do the resistor thing. I'm not sure if they are the same sized resistors or not but it wouldn't exactly cost the earth to experiment (assuming you can get easy access to VAG-COM).

Hobbiniho

Jan 17, 2009
shetland/ Aberdeen
those leather seats look nice but the thing that would put me off is the lack of airbags and bodging it by putting a resistor in the circuit, how would you feel if you were involved in a crash, doesnt have to be your fault and the airbags didnt deploy and one of your passengers/yourself was seriously injured or killed???????? afterall airbags are there for a reason and i certainly wont be changing things like the steering wheel for one that doesnt have an airbag.

@stuart86 i hope you have declared your mods to your insurance company, and the fact that the new seats dont have airbags??? if so im interested to what they said about it???

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
You can get resistors from Rapid Electronics or Maplins or RS components etc for a few pence but you need to know the apropriate size (don't ask me!) and the pins it needs to be placed across, and then the fault code cleared with VAG-COM as the light won't just go out.

There are people on here (and/or UK-MKIVS foums) that had replaced steering wheels with non-airbag items and had to do the resistor thing. I'm not sure if they are the same sized resistors or not but it wouldn't exactly cost the earth to experiment (assuming you can get easy access to VAG-COM).

Just disable the airbags in vag-com - that way the remaining ones will still fire in an accident.

easy to do, takes two minutes.

WeeJase

pert
Jun 2, 2001
they are possibly the worst seats i have ever had in a car.
If you drive the car with any "spirit" you slip and slide around in them,they have little upper body support and are a nightmare to keep clean.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.