Will i pass the mot

Oct 2, 2020
I have an ex post office van and put i know it is daft but 18inch alloys on but also had to put 20mil spacers on for the bolt alignment so they are sticking out of the arches a little bit. I am just wondering whether it will pass the mot with them on or not even though I have been stopped by the vosser and they pointed out about it but never wanted to see them off the van??

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
By the letter of the mot I believe if the wheel/tyre sit proud of the bodywork it’s a fail, but, all these things are at the opinion of the tester, he may think them ok and pass or have a hangover and hit you for everything, a bit like the fad for wide wheels and skinny tyres on stupid camber, not a fail but can be an advisory depending on how the tester interprets the rules. In short, you’ll need to suck it and see. Sorry if this is no help but you’re not coming to me for the test, are you?

Rooster

Oct 27, 2018
Yorkshire
Welcome, I would be more worried being stopped by a Police Traffic Officer (if there's any left!) Protruding wheels/tyres is an offence dealt with under Construction and Use Regulations for Dangerous parts and Condition.

Reactions: Seastormer

Astrasignumleonowner

Oct 2, 2020
Or get some plastic rivet on arches like they put on oldskool jdm/drift cars.. I see a vivaro with them on and banned steels and looked slik S well as passed the mot

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members