Will Mk3 interior and Mk3 cupra exhaust fit?

tallman64

Hi all

Just need a little help with my mk2 98 ibiza cupra 8v,

1.Can the interior of a mk3 ibiza fit in my mk2? (front /back seats only)

2.Can the mk3 cupra exhaust system cat back or just the back box fit to the mk2 8v cupra system.

I dont want to do any cutting or making good jus want to know if they are a like 4 like swap.

Thanks,:shrug:

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
1. Yes

2. Yes but the hangers on the backbox need a lil bit of altering, few people done it on here so try a search to look for the threads.

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
I fitted a mk3 20vt exhaust to my 99 8v using the existing hangers!

I fitted spacers under the back and middle hangers and used longer bolts to ensure that I didn't need to trim the bumper/valance. There's just over a 5mm gap and in over a year its been on there's no evidence of damage. Obviously if your car is lowered you may have a problem with clearance over the suspension beam in which case you'll have to tuck the back box up as much as it will safely go (so spacers are out!) and most likely cut the bumper/valance.

May be teaching you to suck eggs here but attach the rubbers/hangers to the backbox before attaching to the car.

DC

Last edited:

tallman64

Thanks all thats helped lots, need to get rid of the Big Boy Racer exhaust, feel like a prat when i put my foot down.
The interior seats need a damn good clean but i do like the mk3 half leathers so time to spend some money.

Doh its xmas & i cant spend it all on me..........

or can i?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.