window glass won't go up! :/

shabz

Hi guys!

We have a 2003 Ibiza 1.2 S...put the leccy window down...and it won't go up... :D

Have taken the doorcard off, undone all the bolts, released all clips etc, but can't get the metal sheet off to get to the window mechanism

We can see the problem...the metal chord has slipped off the round light blue thing on the window regulator, but can't fit it unless the aluminium door card thing comes off...

So, how do we get it off guys?? Bit of a situation as the car is needed tomorrow :think: :(

Thanks

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
Chances are that one of the white clips on the window regulator have broken and this is why one of the cables has gone slack.

It is almost impossible to repair without a new regulator or at least a second hand one with good white clips.

It all comes apart with screws and electrical plugs/sockets.I have replaced one with just basic tools.

My advice is to try and lift the glass by hand at the same time as working the motor, then order a new regulator (£60 ish) and then take it all apart just the once.

shabz

New regulator :( ...how do I get to the thing? I need to get this metal sheet off...and there seems to be just a white plastic clip holding the sheet to the door on the right hand side but it won't budge?

Surely it should be pretty straightforward, but can't figure it out

If I could get to the glass, I guess I could prop it up with a block of wood or something until a new regulator arrives

Last edited by a moderator:

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
on the metal sheet bit there are 2 large holes with rubber gromits in, remove the gromits and maybe you will see more.

I don't remember there being much holding it in other than some screws.

Hold on and I'll post some pics of when I did one.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
2008-03-225.jpg

2008-03-224.jpg

2008-03-222.jpg

Don't know if these help.

In the top 2 pics the cross shaped part is the old and new regulator.

On the new regulator (the black one) you can see the white clips at the top 2 corners, these are the bits that snap.

The part you are saying is stopping you removing the metal sheet is the locking mechanism, it does come apart but be careful as you can snap the lock mech.

Last edited:

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
hmm note the lack of side impact protection or is that diagonal bit of pressed sheet metal suppose to be it?

tkjeeves

Blue
Jul 13, 2008
oxford
fair enough, i'm just used to seeing 2 tubes on Hyundais.... perhaps they used thinner sheet metal for the panels lol

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.