window tints 60%?

DanLewis1991

Apr 22, 2009
Newport
just booked my car in for the windows to be tinted on friday, ive asked for 60% on the back three, and 30% on the front two, has anyone done this?
pics of a luna grey/silver would be awesome, cheers, dan

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
Think it's moved down to 25% on the front now. Well copper did me for my 30% on my fiesta

Anything forward of the B pillar must allow 70% AVLT.
Factory glass is usually already 17-25% AVLT, so any additional tints on your front windows can very easily take you into legal levels

knight85

Money spending clown
Dec 30, 2008
South East
check my thread for tints on a silver car

ah screw it here are some:

P1040496.jpg

P1040488.jpg

P1040490.jpg

P1040497.jpg

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Anything forward of the B pillar must allow 70% AVLT.
Factory glass is usually already 17-25% AVLT, so any additional tints on your front windows can very easily take you into legal levels

correct, and with police getting tougher on this its just not worth it.

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
my mate got pulled and the police scored his tints so made sure he would get them taken off properly, gave him a fine as it was his first offence but they can give points. you are not allowed tints at the front AT ALL now,remember standard glass has a tint and that is all that is allowed unfortunately, personally i would not touch the front, not worth the risk of getting points over something so silly!!

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
having the same grade all-round (30%) will naturally make the backs look a tad darker as less light is coming in through the rear window...but up to you if you wanna attract more attention

Art0ir

TDi Ho
Sep 21, 2009
Newry
my mate got pulled and the police scored his tints so made sure he would get them taken off properly, gave him a fine as it was his first offence but they can give points.

Once again these are for NI, I'm sure someone can confirm if same apply to the mainland

But between 10% and 30% AVLT is £60 EFPN and 3 points. Your car is also prohibited from movement until tints are removed...

Between 30% and 50%AVLT is £30 FPN no points and a defect notice to remove them within 14 days.

Less than 10% AVLT is prosecution through courts and prohibition!

krussel

Oct 31, 2008
Hertforshire
Once again these are for NI, I'm sure someone can confirm if same apply to the mainland

But between 10% and 30% AVLT is £60 EFPN and 3 points. Your car is also prohibited from movement until tints are removed...

Between 30% and 50%AVLT is £30 FPN no points and a defect notice to remove them within 14 days.

Less than 10% AVLT is prosecution through courts and prohibition!

Jesus :doh::doh:

Screw that is it worth the risk :shrug:

NickyJam

FR - gone, not forgotten
Mar 17, 2008
SW LONDON
i've got 30% all-round on my zenith grey...check my thread for an idea vvvvvvvv

been pulled once for my plate and when i 1st got my car for fog lights...but nothin else received

Last edited:

broadbandings

Sep 17, 2009
i watched a women get knocked down and killled last year, right in front of my eyes, hit by a 40mph Discovery. at the inquest the guy driving stood there and listened as the police recalled how his windows were tinted beyond the legal limit, when they were trying to determine how he didn't see the women.

grim post, but give it a thought...

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members