Window washers

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
Every time I use my windscreen washer jets for the front the rear one activates too, and the same happens when I want to clear my rear windscreen the front goes both go on when actually only one should...I think it might be the earth, but where would this earth be. Anyone else had same problems, any suggestions?

Vivid

Im sure i've read about people making their rear wiper go everytime they do the front ones..

Im sure i've read about people making their rear wiper go everytime they do the front ones..

i believe thats only in reverse dont quote me on that,also i think it would be a faulty wiper switch/stalk had one go on my old car with the same problems although it wasnt vag.

i know the skodas had this problem with the indicator stalk. not sure if im being helpful here or just going on :blahblah:

Jan 28, 2009
Glasgow
the thing is when i pull back on the lever to spray the fornt windscreen the front wipers go as normal obv to clean the screen but the rear sprays too without the rear wiper turning on (the rear should'nt spray at all when i pull back on the lever)...i dont think it will be a faulty switch, surely if that was the case then other functions would be affected too?

markthommo_84

Sep 10, 2006
England
the thing is when i pull back on the lever to spray the fornt windscreen the front wipers go as normal obv to clean the screen but the rear sprays too without the rear wiper turning on (the rear should'nt spray at all when i pull back on the lever)...i dont think it will be a faulty switch, surely if that was the case then other functions would be affected too?

if it turns out it is faulty stalks....I have a set spare from when installing cruise control on mine. Only chance I have of selling them is in a situation like this!! They aint cheap! Get back to me if you don't solve ;)

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.