Window wont wind up????

albert47

Hi again,

Another problem with my Cupra R.

My drivers front side window wont wind up properly.

I was driving along today, put the window down, heard a clunk then the window would not go up. I had to lift the window up nearly half way before it worked properly again.

Any one had this happen before??

Im quite fooked with all the problems im having with the leon!!!!!

Adam

albert47

BTTT

it's the drivers side door window on a Cupra R

Ive stripped the door down today? I only got as far as the metal panael that seems to be blocking everything.

Is there an easy way to strip it?? it looks like it is rivioted on, can anybody help???

How do i disconnect the the centreal locking, so i can remove the metal panel????

thanks

Adam

big phill

big n proud
Feb 12, 2005
scunthorpe
with my ibza there was a clip the window didn't sit properly on it had to be replaced with a new motor but i just glued it inplace and did't have anymore probs with it

albert47

Thanks guys for the info.

Ive stripped most of the interior from the drivers door and your right it was a piece of piss. The bit im stuck on and apprehensive about is the metal panel hiding the guts of the window. I have taken all the bolts out, and gently eased the panel off. The thing that stops the panel coming off, is the central locking rod and the interior door release catch cable. I dont want to take them off, incase i cant put them back on, well not untill i have more infomation about it.

So any more info will be most gratful

Thanks

Adam

albert47

Nick,

Thanks for the reply.

As i said in the above post i have taken all the 9 bolts out. The metal panel wont come off because the central locking rod is sticking through the top of the panel and the door release catch cable is also sticking through.

Can they be removed without breaking the rubber seals around them???

Thanks

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.