Windows operation

ERIC3451

Jan 20, 2014
Northern Ireland
Tried to lower Windows using the remote key hob on our 1.4 SE Tech 3door SC. Have done this many times over last 3years. Today they would,not open with the remote. Went into the car setup and the Windows "Comfort" setting is set for "all". Have adjusted other things like syncronised mirrors, different door unlocking sequences etc and all do as set up, but not the "Comfort setting for all Windows. Tried several times but still no joy. Has anyone experienced this or advise me as what might be wrong?

ESS

Jan 11, 2016
When your keyfob battery goes low you cant open or close windows or fold the mirrors.
Ive been through 2 batterys in 12 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ERIC3451

Jan 20, 2014
Northern Ireland
I did change the settings. Firstly selecting another setting and back to "ALL"again. Didn't work. Then to "Driver". That didn't work. Then back to "ALL" again. Still didn't work.

Thought myself that the old battery might be the problem. Have only ever used one of my two Remote key hobs over the 3 years from new. Tried to operate the windows with the Second remote key hob that has never been used, still no joy.

Mind you both batteries are 3 years plus old, so maybe should buy a new one and try. However I should say that the remote key hob shows obvious sign of "flagging" since you can still unlock and lock the car from quite a distance and the red hob indicator light flashes when the hob buttons are operated.

Battery is a CR2025 apparently, but I only have CR2032.

Last edited:

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Is the "one touch" operation on all the windows from the door switches? if not then this is more than likely the reason why it isn't working from the key.

ERIC3451

Jan 20, 2014
Northern Ireland
This is a 3 door car only so only the front passenger and driver side windows open and close. The one touch technique (second switch position that the manual refers to) works on the drivers window when the drivers window switch is operated, both when opening and closing.

The passenger side window does NOT fully open or close when the same one touch technique is used on the passenger windows switch on the drivers or passenger side. (Passenger window switches do not appear to have a second switch positions)

One touch window operation is not something we have done in the 3 years we have had the car so this is new, but remote opening and closing of the passenger and driver windows using the remote hob is.

Is something wrong with our passenger widow operation or is one touch not available for the passenger window.

Last edited:

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
Passenger side should do it too.

To Reset:

Put the window down
Put the window up
Pull the switch up and hold for a further 5secs

That should be it reset and back working with one touch.

Last edited:

Curtly

Jun 5, 2015
Essex
You'll need to reset the passengers one touch setting, this should cure your other window problem. To reset simply open and close the affected window then hold the switch up for 5 seconds. This should sort it out.

ERIC3451

Jan 20, 2014
Northern Ireland
Black Magic!! Everything works:- One touch on both windows and remote key hob opening and closing.

Many Many thanks ChrisRibiza and Curtly. :) :)

How do you know all this??

Mind you, might the jumping and down in the driveway and the "John Cleese" thrashing I gave the car anything to do with it?

Last edited:

chrisRibiza

Sep 27, 2007
I have spent way to many hours on here since 2007 on the Ibiza MK4 forum and now here since 2014 so most of things people post are easily enough solved as they've come up before :)

Sometimes the Windows can unset themselves if the switch gets a bit confused or if you go over a bump as the window is going up (safety feature to stop things getting jammed in it closing)

Last edited:
Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.