windscreen wipers?

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
Aup

At motorway speeds ive noticed that my front windscreen wipers are a bit naf and pretty much lift up off the screen leaving patches of....well....unwiped screen!

Not only that they are a bit squeaky now too and dont really look very good so im goin to replace them before doin anything else.

Just wondered if there is anything else other than standard ones that i could choose. perhaps ones that look a little better and do the job better especially at high speeds.

Goin to replace the rear one with a fabia wiper as i hear and read that this is the thing to do also. (my rear jet wash dont work at the mo tho!)

any advice guys cheers

dg-1984

May 28, 2008
Glasgow'ish
Hey, I have the Bosch aerotwin wiper blades on the front and find them pretty good, look 10x better aswell, I think you can upgrade to golf wiper arms and stuff which I'm sure people will be along to say shortly.

Does the rear wiper arm work? and do you hear the pump trying to pump the water? If your not getting the water then the pipe has probably popped off.
If you remove the rear passenger side plastics in the boot you will see a joining pipe for the rear washer jet feed, common problem with them poppping off, just join the piping back on.

I have the VW touran rear wiper arm and personal think it looks better and its still working perfectly looks much better than standard to.
CLICK TO SEE

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
Get yourself a pair of these: http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=11765&xSec=1104
10x better and look 100x better. The only drawback is the passenger blade has to be trimmed down a little (1/2 inch) to fit but it's easy to do.

yes these look perfect and will be getting ordered shortly i reckon.

and yes rear wiper does work its just the jet wash. can here the pump working to so i'l have a look to see if i can see pipe off...cheers

Black_Car

Apr 16, 2009
Manchester

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
ive found a pair on ebay from a supplier for 17.99 so will be ordering asap.

im sure trimming down will be nothing more than cutting an inch or two off one end with some pliers or summat? does this make it look messy though?

BoomhaueR

Wanna go fasterrrR
Oct 9, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Exactly that: cut a bit off and stick the plastic end bit back on. Looks fine.

You can get them cheaper from ebay and I believe Halfords do them too.

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Get yourself a pair of these: http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/product.php?xProd=11765&xSec=1104
10x better and look 100x better. The only drawback is the passenger blade has to be trimmed down a little (1/2 inch) to fit but it's easy to do.

They are not the golf Aero's though they are just replacement blades for your standard arms.

The golf Aeros need to be cut down to fit the Leon windscreen.

The aero blades can be bought to fit the regular "hook" arms.

Standard wiper arm with "hook" aeros

dscf0095medium.jpg

Golf aero wipers

dscf0097medium.jpg

rickyjones1209

BIG BOY
Jan 8, 2009
Crewe, Cheshire
yes i like the look of the bottom pic with nothing sticking out.

so let me get this straight - if i just buy the wipers i'l be left with the standard arm like in the top pic but if i want bottom pic i got to get the wipers and the arm of a mk4 golf?

richellis

Feb 29, 2008
Cannock
scrappy, ebay (look at breakers) dealer (about £90 all in)
Got mine from a local breaker for £5, its just luck as it took about 4 months to get them at the right price

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.