winter pack & heated leather FR seats question

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I just received this message from a dealer who was giving me a quote regarding if I was to choose leather seats or not amongst other things. He says:-

"My only other concern is that the FR leather option does not
appear to support the heated seat option. We do have another
leather seat supplier that could integrate the system but the
FR logo would not be displayed on the seat."

Is this true? Is it a problem getting heated leather FR logo official seats on an FR when you have the winter pack also installed etc?

any experience with this situation guys? :confused:

cheers in advance

Rob GTI

Oct 28, 2004
South Wales
I just received this message from a dealer who was giving me a quote regarding if I was to choose leather seats or not amongst other things. He says:-

Is this true? Is it a problem getting heated leather FR logo official seats on an FR when you have the winter pack also installed etc?

cheers in advance

Personally I think you are better off getting seats with no FR or for that matter Cupra logos. I hate everywhere you look in these cars logos everywhere, gearknob, steering wheel, seats, rev counter!!!

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Personally I think you are better off getting seats with no FR or for that matter Cupra logos. I hate everywhere you look in these cars logos everywhere, gearknob, steering wheel, seats, rev counter!!!

Take your point about too many logos but the one place I thought it looked good was the seats & when you're paying that much for them you want them to look right.

cheers for your opinion though Rob! ;)

Aug 20, 2005
stafford
When you choose the leather seat option on a fr, it is "dealer fit" and done on an exchange of seat basis, so If yours did have heated seats it would no longer have your own to go back in. The dealer is obviously concerned about swapping the bits over....

Jun 5, 2008
Leeds
strange i saw a full set of leather fr seat on ebay the other day and these said they did have the heating elements in?? I dont know further then that sorry

KarenFR

Feb 23, 2008
North West
When I was at the dealers looking at the sample leather seat, I was told that it would be my own seats that would be re-upholstered and it didn't matter that they were the heated ones.

The current Seat accessory book has pictures of them with the FR logo on, and doesn't mention anything about the FR logo not being available on the heated seats.

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
When I was at the dealers looking at the sample leather seat, I was told that it would be my own seats that would be re-upholstered and it didn't matter that they were the heated ones.

The current Seat accessory book has pictures of them with the FR logo on, and doesn't mention anything about the FR logo not being available on the heated seats.

well that makes sense and that's what I would have expected Karen!

cheers :)

/dev/null

Nov 12, 2008
Perhaps the dealer is looking to just do a quick swap with some seats already in leather trim rather than have yours sent away to be done?

dandan1987

the seats in my car are not heated, im looking to get mine upgraded. is it worth going through the hassle to have the swap or not worth it?

tuBBymAN

I've never seen the point of heated seats but i guess with leather it could be quite cold in the winter

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland

cheers in advance

my advice would be to avoid dealer fit leather.

go to THESE FOLK that will do it for far less (it still wont be cheap mind).
will recover your winter pack seat get whatever logo you want on them.
pretty much the same as a dealer will do but cut out the middleman.

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga

I know for a fact if you ask for leather with honda cars, its a case of the dealer gets in leather versions of your seat covers which are then just swapped over.

seat might do the same set up, which if is the case i would presume the heating element shudnt effect this....

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.