Winter wheels

Itspaul

Jun 15, 2014
I am currently looking at buying a set of wheels to use in the winter am I right in assuming the stud pattern on the latest leon is 5 x 112. . Cheers

Itspaul

Jun 15, 2014
Was looking at 17's. The car is on. 18's. But a slightly higher profile 17 will do the job plus the 17's are. Cheaper lol.

Pictish

Mar 10, 2014
Was looking at 17's. The car is on. 18's. But a slightly higher profile 17 will do the job plus the 17's are. Cheaper lol.

I'm also going to buy a set (probably go down to 16's though). I've been looking at mytyres alloys, would be interested in where you pick yours up from.

Itspaul

Jun 15, 2014
I'm looking at buying a set of s/h alloys and I have a good contact for winter tyres

Wirrarn

Whats the smallest rims you can have ? Is it even possible to have usual steel rims on the cupra ? Considering the brakes takes alot of space

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
Whats the smallest rims you can have ? Is it even possible to have usual steel rims on the cupra ? Considering the brakes takes alot of space

I've not tried a 17 inch wheel on the Cupra but I think it will probably foul the brake caliper on the front. 18 inch wheels are fine. I have bought a second hand set of Audi alloys 18X8 with an offset of 43 and they fit the Cupra no problem. I have put 235/40X18 tyres on them so they match the width and diameter of the standard wheel/tyre combo and I will not upset my insurance company.

I bought these tyres, the price was good but the service a bit dubious but as I wasn't in a hurry for them it wasn't a problem.

Biker

Oct 6, 2003
Northumberland
Visit site
There was some sort of mix up and the first set of tyres went to the wrong address, no idea what happened to those after that. The second set arrived about four days after I complained about not getting the first set so it took about two weeks and quite a few phone calls.

I was possibly just a bit unlucky mind, as my nephew ordered from the same place and his arrived after two days!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.