Wiper problem.

Tollybird

I recently had a new windscreen fitted on my Toledo V5 (1999), the wipers work fine but now the sweep of the wiper blades is slightly out causing the driver side wiper to go beyond vertical and hit the metal car edge of the screen at the top of each wipe, it makes a loud clonk and it's really annoying, also the passenger side does not go to back horizontal on the down wipe. Is there a way to readjust the wipers so they are accurate?

Haggistech

Aug 12, 2008
Can you not undo the nuts holding the wiper arms and just adjust them to the right position

Tollybird

Thankyou, will give it try, wasnt sure where to start with it.

car_guy143

Nov 9, 2008
Leyland, Lancs, UK
Can you not undo the nuts holding the wiper arms and just adjust them to the right position

Thankyou, will give it try, wasnt sure where to start with it.

Make sure to give the nuts a good spraying with WD40 and leave it to soak for a very long time. Remember, these wiper arms have probably never been removed in the 10 years since the car was made so they're probably seized on very tight. I just gently but firmly pulled mine as closely as possible to the end of the arms as possible until they eventually worked loose.

Muttley

Catch that diesel!
Mar 17, 2006
North Kent
The wipers will have come off when the windscreen was replaced, and have not been replaced correctly. Take it back to the windscreen fitter and have them adjust the wipers properly.

Tollybird

Passenger wiper I moved quite easily, driver side have drowned in WD40 as it would not budge, even with some force! Fitter was autoglass, they probably would come back ad refit but easier to do myself I guess.

capri

That should´n be much of a problem, the wipers have a little cover down where the screw is. Just unscrew it and set it in the right position... it realy should´nt be hard, but if it is, the fitter should do it ;)

Tollybird

Just fiddly, flipped cover off nut, it rattled through onto the floor, then socket set rummage for right size for nut, WD40 overdose, what a carry on.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.