wipers tapping/hitting driver side at high speeds 60+ and high winds

bushfrog

Im getting fed up now of the wipers i have just bought from halfords hitting the drivers side of the windcreen, it makes a loud noise and im worried at one point they will just break..... Does anyone know how i could fix this problem are the wiper arms loose? or is it a sign that i have the wrong wipers.. the drivers side has a little wind thing on

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
sounds like you just need to re-align the arms on the spindle, so that when the wiper is 'up' it doesn't hit the a-pillar.

Pop off the cap that's at the end of the arm where it joins the bodywork, and then I think it's a 13mm bolt that holds the arm on to the spindle, undo it, then lever the arm off and move it clockwise very slightly, tighten nut back up, and then operate the wipers.

Repeat until aligned correctly ;)

jcs356

Cordy owner
Jul 12, 2004
Englandland
Another tip, sometimes the wiper arm gets stuck on the spindle. If you loose off the 13mm retaining bolt, but don't completely remove it, you can then get one of those water pump spanners around it with one set of jaws under the wiper arm, the other on top of the nut. A bit of gentle pressure and you can prise the arm off the spindle.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members