Wiring in my Amp - Urgent help needed.

Crazyoll

Feb 2, 2010
Worcestershire
Hi Guys.
After spending a few hours this weekend and then a few more this evening I'm desparate to get it working.
I drive a Toledo TDI SE mk2 (2000)
After reading a few threads on this section of the forum I went in all gund blazing thinking the blue wire was the one i had to cut in order to wire in the 'remote' wire for my amp but it turn out that that wire is for the Right rear+ :(

I'm using a Clarion CZ209ER head unit and have connected it straight to the connectors in the car.
There is some info in the booklet that came with the unit that reads as follows:

1. When the car stereo is installed in 1998 and later Volkswagen models, make sure to cut the car lead wire connected to the A-5 Terminal. (A Breakdown might occur if the leadwire is not cut.) Insulate wire blah blah...
2.When the main unit is also connected to an external amplifier, connect REMOTE on the external amplifier to the previously cut lead wire on the side of the connector.

When I looked at the connector to wire up this A-5 wire I find out my standard connector does not have a wire in this point of the terminal.

Any help is greatly appreciated and i'd love to finish the job tomorrow and play some tunes.
Many thanks. Ollie :shrug:

Crazyoll

Feb 2, 2010
Worcestershire
I'm using the original block connector that plugged into my aura unit. I need to know which cable from that I need too use to run to the remote connector of the amp

isspro6

The wiring i used a few years ago, it was a blue cable with the 2 connectors which were for right and left audio, but strangely there was a VERY VERY thin wire threaded up the middle of them which powered up the amp via the remote switch....but to be honest... but if the problem your having is switching the amp on and off with the radio, just get a long length of cable and wire it in seperate as it will work the same, just crimp the connectors on that will fit. not professional but it gets the job done.

Crazyoll

Feb 2, 2010
Worcestershire
Thanks isspro Do you mean attach the wire to my amp into the connector block (at the auto antenna point)?. I had thouhgt about doing this...

at Warren, thanks for the reply My stereo guide suggests I wire to the arial booster but i dont have that wire in my ISO connector. Any Ideas.
Preferably ones that dont involve me buying a loom convertor.
Thanks

Crazyoll

Feb 2, 2010
Worcestershire
Thanks for all the help guys I've just fixed it. The headunit came with a spare wire for plugging into the block to act as the mobile phone mute. I put this into the remote (boost antenna) terminal and now got my amp going. Thanks for all your help.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.