Would it work???Schmidt Space 9x16 ET15 wheels?Front'n Back???

cuprazer

Hi!

Im thinking about fitting wider wheels on my Seat Ibiza Cupra 01'..

So the question is how wide can I go???

Was thinking 9x16 ET15 with, 40/ 235 or 245 on the back and 40/225 up front???

Is this possible without modification to the wings???Would there be any rubbing???

How wide could I go in on 17's

Pics would be nice???

Thanx..

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
just look at it...

8x17 can fit on front in ET35, but not on most coilovers (spring platform will possibly rub wheel)

Also remember how tall a wide tyre is as this will be a problem for the rear arches and the leading edge of the wheel arch.

cuprazer

Would i get the 9x16's on if i spaced them at the front then???With standard hight on the undercarige?

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cuprazer said:
Would i get the 9x16's on if i spaced them at the front then???With standard hight on the undercarige?

front wings are not that wide...
the only people who I have heard running this width rims also run undersize tyres for the euro look...

I know to fit my 8x17 with 235 & 245 17" rubber I had to modify both front and rear arches... but that was on an ET28 rim.

cuprazer

Could i get 9x16's Et30 on the front???Or is this absolutly no way???

cuprazer

I have now fitted 9x16 ET15 at the back and 9x16 ET30 at the front..Just a bit wide at the front...sticks out 1cm from the wheel arch.Il be rolling the arches anyway.

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
cuprazer said:
I have now fitted 9x16 ET15 at the back and 9x16 ET30 at the front..Just a bit wide at the front...sticks out 1cm from the wheel arch.Il be rolling the arches anyway.

how will rolling the arches make em cover 10mm wheel sticking out?

scottys

Aug 21, 2005
yeah rollin wont help . u wud have 2 extend or widen the arches . rolloin just gets rid of the lip on the inside of the arch

cuprazer

Oh yeah rolling will help! defenently..I have a homemade arch roller,(made out of an old car jack...
Rolled the arches out 2cm with it on an Audi Coupe 89' without cracking the paint..Used a hotair-pistol to warm the paint while rolling/widening the arch..A friend of mine rolled his Toyota Celica WRC 4cm on the back arches the same way,had to be repainted tho:)

PS:Im not sure that rolling the arches here in Norway is the same thing as rolling arches in the UK?

"The roller first forces the inner lip (shaped like an L) of the arch flat so it does'nt come in contact with the tyre,when the inner lip is flat you just keep on rolling/widening the arch until the paint cracks ore what ever is needed to make the rim fit inn under.." Any simularity???..

Anyone that can explain how I add pictures directly inn to the reply post???

ibizacupra

Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
same kinda tool..

I used that on mine, but the arch does not stretch that far...
rolled lip flat first
then kept going but the whole arch needs holding in as its stretches and pulls in every which direction, but returns to where it started... It did get a little bit wider but not 20mm stretch. Maybe a pukka bodyshop can make them do that.

cuprazer

..yes the arches are VERY flexible.
Therfore its very difficult to calculate how much strain to put on the arch with the roller to get the exact width thats needed. When rolling 1,5cm+ its crucial to warm the whole arch,warming wil make the metal much easyer to work with and it wont suddenly deform itself. Also the paint will be more flexible and less likely to crack.

To roll the arches 2cm+ takes a hell off alot of time and effort,and ALOT of strain on the roller,had to make my own version of an original arch roller couse the original couldnt take the strain.

il post some pictures when ive done the arches,im just waiting for my Bilstein coilovers...Sould arrive next month:)

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.